Tuesday, April 9, 2013

College years...

*Did you attend college or a trade school of some sort?

I went to Eastern Arizona College on a full ride scholarship to play volleyball. It is a small junior college in the small town of Thatcher, Arizona. 


*How did you choose what you wanted to be when you grew up?
I chose a long, long time ago that I wanted to be a mother. I always knew that a career would not be my first priority. That being said, I still am not 100% sure what I want to "be" outside of my home. I am still interested in being an elementary teacher. I have an associate degree in general studies. Now I just have to figure out what I really want to do "when I grow up".


*What did you think was the hardest thing about your chosen profession at that time?  Did it turn out that way?

Time will tell I guess.


*What dumb things did you do during those years?

I dated a few dumb boys that's for sure. I am just a homebody. I had some good roommates and we just had fun. 


*What good things did you do?


I went to class everyday. Made it early to practice everyday. Kept good grades. The best good thing I did was keep my standards high. I lived in the dorms for a few semesters. I kinda got lumped into the bad dorm girl thing. I felt others looked down on some of the dorm girls. No matter how I felt people looked at me I went to church, read my scriptures and prayed. 

*Did you live on your own?  How well prepared were you for that?
I lived in the dorms and then in a house the second year. I could cook, clean, and do my laundry. Had no idea how to take care of my money. Other than that I think I did ok. I'm still alive to tell the tale.

*What life lessons did you learn?
In between my freshman and sophomore year of college I wanted an adventure. I felt like I had left home for good the previous August and didn't want to go back. Not that I wasn't welcome, I just felt like I needed to something different. On the off chance that something might come of it, I wrote the Teller House, a bed and breakfast in Silverton, Colorado. I told them I wanted a summer job, I need a place to stay and my resume. They gave me a job and at the end of the school year I packed up my car and with my parents, drove up there and stayed for the summer. It was good for me. Likely I ended up having a great friend come up and work with me. It would have been a looong boring summer without her. I don't know if it was a life lesson but I felt like it was my own adventure and then I was ready for the life that I knew Heavenly Father wanted me to have.   

*What choices did you make that affect where you are now?
The biggest choice I made while in college was to marry my husband.  :) He was a good choice.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails