Sunday, November 13, 2011

Delaine Jo...

A few days after Piper was born I had a friend come over and take some pictures of her. I was looking on our family picture wall at where I would put them. We need new family pictures taken, in about 15 pounds, Bode has his new school picture and Piper would have cute newborn ones to fill her frame. But Laine's picture is old. It really doesn't even look like her. So I texted Jessica if she wouldn't mind just snapping a few of Laine for me the morning before she was coming to take Piper's pictures. I am glad she didn't mind and I am very pleased with how her little pictures came out. These are just from my back yard. 


Laine has turned into such a sweet girl these days. She loves her "siser" "hiper". She likes to make sure she is warm and even shares her blanket with her. She always tells me "no blankies on her face mom". She asks to hold her every evening, rubs her cheek against hers and gives her kisses. She hasn't been as jealous as I thought she would be, so far... She has already caught onto the whole nursing thing and nurses her babies.



Laine keeps telling me "you feel better mom" or "mom you happy". Poor thing. She will be 3 in January. I think it is safe to assume that she doesn't remember her first year and a half of life. So the things she does remember are probably the last year or so. So for the majority of her little life she has had a pregnant mommy. As much as I try, pregnancy really wears on me and I am pretty grumpy. She notices that an unpregnant mommy is a much nicer mommy. It is true. It has only been 3 weeks and it has been wonderful. I can hold all the kids with out a huge belly in the way, bend over and clean, play on the floor with the kids and play with them outside and actually play not just watch them. I am glad to be back to "happy mom".


1 comment:

  1. OH I so know how you feel. I can't wait for the 'happy mommy' to come back to our house too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails