Sunday, November 13, 2011

While mom nurses...

I am going to have to keep a close eye on things when I sit down to nurse. You really forget how time consuming nursing a baby can be. Every 2-2 1/2 hours for 20 minutes or so really adds up. It is the prefect time for little people to find trouble. 

I had been washing a few dishes this particular evening. Laine loves to pull up a chair and "help" me. It was time to feed Piper. So I left Laine to do the dishes and I sat on the couch to feed Piper. Laine told me she wanted to take a bath. I told her no, that is was to early and we would take a bath before bed. She tells me, "No mom! I taken a bath!!". I turn around and there she is, buck naked, sitting in the sink, eating apples. Geeze. I had to laugh. I better have something for her to do while I nurse.



Speaking of nursing... I am normally really not a fan of it. I do it because I know it is healthy and the better choice for the baby. My milk never really cooperates with me and I dry out around 4-5 months. Then we switch to formula. I really wanted to nurse Laine longer but again no milk same story with Bode. Plus I was always frustrated being the sole food provider for the baby. That feeling started from the beginning with both Bode and Laine. I feel different this time. I really enjoy sitting down and feeding Piper. She has been a great nurser from the get go. She just latched on with no trouble on both sides and never had any problems. That was so nice. I think we are enjoying it for a few different reasons she could be my last and I want to enjoy the moments because they go by to fast, I like the time it takes to slow down and just focus on her and not everything else going on. I also think the whole skin to skin bonding hour I had with her when she was born was really beneficial. I with that had been the case with Bode and Laine as well. Who know how long this will last. I guess if my milk sticks around and satisfies Piper I might be able to nurse her longer. No matter the case I am enjoying nursing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails