Sunday, November 27, 2011

20,000 questions...

I heard somewhere once that that average 4 year old asks around 450 questions a day. I think that changes for a 5 year old. It turns into 20,000 questions and all the answers that go with it. So this turns the day into constant chatter from my 5 year old boy. 


Bode has such a great imagination. He love to draw maps for treasure hunts. Build huge forts out of cushions, pillows, and blankets. This was this summer and instead of watching Cat in the Hat on TV. He got to work making a Cat in the Hat for him and "Sally" hair for Laine.

Last week Bode had a Thanksgiving snack at school. I had not planned on going. One day Bode asked me why I never come to his class. He said something like all the other moms come, why not you? Break my heart why don't you. I had not planned on coming in until January when thing settled down for us. So after our conversation I decided to go in for the snack. It was fun to see him in his new little world. He was really happy to see me and gave me a big hug and wanted everyone to see his little "Pipes" his name for Piper. It is strange to think he has this whole little world I am not a part of. He has a bunch of little friends and  great teacher. I am glad he is happy with his little life.


Bode is working hard on sounding out words and writing them down. He is always asking for paper and pencils to write with. I love seeing the new things click in his little mind. This is a letter he wrote me. It says, "Dear mom I love you and Piper I love you". Oh Bode, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails