Monday, October 10, 2011

The waiting game...

It is hard to put down in words how much these kids love their daddy. He works 4 long days and then has 3 days off. Those three days are the best days ever for these kids. They just cannot get enough of him. They are constantly vying for his attention. Loving on him, crawling on him and wanting to be with him every second possible. I know that them crawling all over him must really get old but he is a good sport and plays the roll of jungle gym very well. I am glad my kids have such a wonderful father.

We had family come down to visit us this last weekend. Of course I didn't snap a picture of Bode playing with his cousins. He loves all his cousins. I am grateful that he has so many to play with. Laine loves her "dwama". When she is around I just don't cut it. She would rather have "dwama" hold, bath, cloth, feed and play with her. We went out to lunch and Laine swiped my phone. I figured out after a few minutes that she was trying to take a picture of Grandma. I asked Laine to go sit on Grandma's lap for a picture. Normally it would be a little fight to get the phone away from her and then to get her to sit still for a picture. Not for this though. She really wanted a picture with Grandma. She gave me the phone crawled up there are posed for a picture. Thanks everyone for coming to our house.

I am now nearly 38 weeks pregnant and anxious to meet this new baby. I know she has dropped and according to my dr there hasn't been much change. The last month really drags along and I am ready to be done. I always feel pregnancy is kind of time changing. You are constantly waiting for the big event. Especially right now. There is no making plans just waiting for labor to come. I was feeling some rather consistent contractions on Saturday and decided I should get things all picked up just in case. It has been a productive days of shopping, cleaning out the garage, putting up Halloween decor, cleaning the house and other things. And through it all I was having back pain and contractions. Not really painful contractions but noticeable ones that really tightened my belly. Around 10 I thought well is I really am going into labor I should pack my bags and take a shower just in case we need to leave in the middle of the night. And of course, right when I was done packing the bags they stopped completely. Oh well. I guess she will come when she is good and ready. Just wishing she was ready now. I would really prefer to go into labor all on my own but man getting induced sounds better every day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your children have a good dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so close!!! Hang in there!! Can't wait to hear what you are going to name her! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails