Tuesday, October 18, 2011

38 weeks 6 days...

That tittle sounds like I have been trapped on a desert island... like it has been 38 weeks and 6 days since the plane went down. I have successfully made shelter and my fire starting skills are top notch. Wilson and I are in a fight...

But no, it has been 38 weeks and 6 days worth of pregnancy. This is officially the longest I have ever been pregnant.  I would be lying if I said I was taking it well. The last weeks are hard. You are just so sick of being pregnant and so ready to move on from the miserable pregnant part onto the labor, no sleep, huge milk boobs, newborn part. Lucky for me I have a sweet husband who as the days drag on get more and more sympathetic to my needs. He has been a huge help with grocery shopping, watching kids and being a shoulder to lean on. I have a loud symptom always in my last few weeks of pregnancy of snoring. Loud, loud snoring. He is so sweet to give up the bed, sleep on the extra twin in Laine's room, and let me have the bed. I however feel horribly guilty waking up alone knowing that I was so loud he had to leave the room. 

This is a picture from one of my many walks in the past weeks. Lee was down and we pushed the little girls in the strollers. Laine would get a bit bored and want to walk. She thought it was really fun to hold Daisy's hand while we walked. I think Daisy was a bit unsure about the whole situation.

I have been trying all those natural remedies to try to induce labor. Raspberry leaf tea, black licorice, eating fresh pineapple, spicy food,walking, walking, and walking among other things ;) but to no avail. She is really quite content to stay in there. I guess she will come when she is ready. I have an appointment on Thursday and will discuss getting induced. I have said the whole time I do not want to be induced, still don't, but maybe just having a day to look forward to will make me relax enough to get labor going.

Jer is interviewing this week to change positions in the department. Still doing police work just a different type of squad. He is low on the totem poll so it might be a stretch to actually get it. He is pretty hopeful though. So am I.  His area is testing  a new work schedule program. They would for work 3, 13 hour shifts for 6 months to test the program. He would probably get the night shift. It would be 3 really long days, a day to recover and then 3 days off. I guess it won't be the worst thing in the world, just not looking forward to making that change. If he gets the new position then he would work the same hours and still have 3 days off. Either way we are grateful to have a steady job.

Bode had fall break last week. He came to the conclusion that he likes school. He likes being with people and being kept busy. He did have fun playing with Laine everyday and she enjoyed his company as well. One day we decided to kill some time by going to McDonalds to play and then walk around Target for the afternoon. When we came home it was quiet time so the kids headed to their rooms. Bode wanted to play with the cushions on the couch to make a fort in his room. I told him to go ahead. He later yelled down to me that there was a spooky spider on the couch and that he would take care of it. I didn't think anything of it at all. He had been making Halloween decorations and playing with fake spiders and ghosts all week. So awhile later he comes running down the stairs with a cup and told me to look inside. And sure enough there was a huge spider in there! A real spider! That sure got me off the couch quick. Freaked me out. I asked him why he didn't have me come kill it. He said,"Well I know your face and you don't like spiders. So I took care of it for you." Sweet little boy, protecting me.

Laine, Laine, Laine. What to say about that girl? She has been my sweet little buddy that last few weeks. She has been very cuddly and helpful. Her little vocabulary has grown so much. She can say just about anything she wants but gets talking so fast that it can be hard to understand.

Hopefully my new post will showcase our newest addition. 8 days until the due date...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails