Sunday, September 11, 2011

The children...

So this is a picture of Bode's school picture from my phone. 
I need to scan in the real one, I just don't want to make the effort at the moment.

Bode has been in school for about a month. Has has been doing so well. Jer and I are very proud of him. In his class they do a green, yellow and red behavior system. They get a color everyday depending on how well they did each day. Green means they had a good day. If he gets 5 greens all week he get to pick out of the treasure box. He has gotten greens everyday except one, that day he brought home a yellow. That day he told me that he would work hard the next day to get a green because he was disappointed that he wouldn't be able to pick out of the treasure box. True to his little word he has worked hard to get greens everyday since. I know that it won't last forever but we are glad he is working hard at following directions and listening to his teacher. He says his favorite thing to do at school is play on the playground and go to the library. I am glad he is enjoying school.

Laine got her stitches out on Friday. That was not fun for anyone. She was scared. I had to try and soak it with water for the Dr to be able to get the stitches out. She was not happy. She ended up under a chair trying to hide from everybody. It took me the Dr and a med student to hold her down to get them out. The 2 Dr's were trying to get her calm before they took them out but I knew that wasn't happening. I told them it was best to just let her scream and get them out fast then prolong it by trying to calm her down in between each one. Once they were all out I decided she deserved a little treat. We stopped by the store and she picked out a little tea party set and a little lego set for Bode (for his month of greens at school). It still looks pretty gruesome and we are getting a lot of weird looks where ever we go. The scab is pretty big but it looks alright underneath there. Fingers crossed that is will heal without to much damage.

3 comments:

  1. Lain is a trooper! Poor thing, I am sure that was not a fun visit to the Dr. And way to go Bode! That is awesome. I remember doing the same system when I was his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! Hope she heals quickly! You might already know but you can try pure vitamin E oil on it to help, I've used that and its help a ton. What a cute pic of Bode!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute school pic. OH man I had to catch up and read your previous posts, that is so sad, I'm glad that she is doing better, that they are both doing better. And I am not going to lie I have put some of my fall decor up already and I have the new smells from bath and body. Fall is the best, now if it would just come right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails