Friday, August 5, 2011

Poor little Laine Jo...

So this picture does not give justice to the amount of swelling one little foot can have. We should have taken it from the other angle. It is really quite fat.
You see the purple bruise?
Well that bruise sent us to the doctor this morning.



I got a new preschool table this past week. Bode and Laine have been told over and over to not sit on it because is needed to be anchored to the wall. Well this morning Bode was sitting on the table, of course, and Laine was sitting under it. Bode tipped the table, which is very heavy by the way, and it landed on her foot. It immediately swelled up and turned purple. She wouldn't put any weight on it and just cried and cried. So it was off to the doctor. After and exam and an xray we walked out of there with a prescription for a sinus infection. ha ha! Her foot should be fine. Just a deep tissue bruise. We just need to watch her and if she still won't walk on it we should get it xrayed again to make sure there isn't anything they missed. After the xray I just asked the doctor to check her ears and throat because she had a fever the other night and has been really congested. Sure enough she has a sinus infection.

Bode is feeling pretty bad about the accident he caused. Not right away though. His exact words right after it happened were, "um, good thing that wasn't me". Since then he has been very helpful all afternoon. He has been getting her toys, bringing her books and trying to teach her how to walk. He even said he would carry her up and down the stairs. I said thanks but no, that would for sure cause a few broken bones.

Along with a very bruised foot and a sinus infection you see all the little red bites and small swelling?

I let the kids go play outside early one morning. While I was in the kitchen I heard Laine screaming bloody murder and saw her running towards the house. From about 20 feet away I could see that she had black stuff on her legs. I thought it was some gross stuff we had out from a fly trap and figured the water full of dead fly's  gross, splashed on her legs. But as she got closer to me I saw what it really was. Hundreds of little black ants crawling up her legs. I grabbed her and rushed to the kitchen sink to get them all off. There were so many of them! Her poor little legs have ant bites all over them. Again some bendrly and eczema cream did the trick and made her feel so much better.

Hopefully next week will be a better one for my sweet little girl.

5 comments:

  1. this story reminds me of Cameron and I growing up. Poor poor girl :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Bode's comment made me laugh out loud! What a stinker. Poor little Laine though, I hope she gets to feeling better. And we miss seeing her little naked butt running around. Naima now has to take on the sacred duty of being nude for all of Woodland Lane by herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! I did this to my arm when I was 10. I was running through my parents house with a bucket of toys and I tripped over my older brothers HUGE feet and my elbow caught my fall, on the tile floor. I couldn't move it at all. I think it was a little swollen. I made my parents take me to the ER and get an x-ray. It was really bruised, but not broken. I had to wear a sling for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is one swollen foot. But that other foot is a chubby one anyway. Those fat feet make me laugh....and wish they were with me. I saw the picture of Laine that you texted Lee. She makes me laugh! It will be good to have another Laine. The fun will just go on and on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails