Monday, August 15, 2011

Just dance...

Laine got to start a little dance class this week. She was so very excited. I wanted her to do something small that was just for her. She is to young for preschool and this one day a week dance class was perfect. She was so excited to put on her dance clothes and kept telling us that "I go to dan class now".


This was me on my 4th birthday. I loved to wear swimmies and leotards. I remember going to dance class and having recitals. I loved it. Sadly I had 2 left feet and no rhythm.



Bode is feeling much better after sleeping and resting for a few days. He finished his antibiotics and started getting a rash. It was a new antibiotic and made me wonder it it could be a reaction to it. So we called the Dr and they want us to come in tomorrow to rule that out. It is either that or the virus he had leaving his little body. Goodness, if it isn't one thing, its another. 

Jeremiah bought a boat. Well he went half with a friend on a boat. Evidently it was just to awesome of a deal to pass up. It is a fishing boat and with a little work it should be pretty cool. He has been working out lately. He says it is for Tough Mudder, but he has his 10 year reunion in October and I think that may have influenced his new routine. Poor me though, I get to go to my husbands 10 year reunion 9 months pregnant. I might have Lee step in and pretend to be me.

I have been working really hard on watching my calories in and effort to not gain as much weight with this pregnancy that I have in the past. But is seems pregnant me gains weight the same way no matter what I do. I am still going to keep watching my calories (don't worry, I am not starving myself at all, just making sure I don't over do it) but figure I'll still gain 35 pounds, Much better than the 75 I gained with Bode, still a bit depressing though. Such a vicious cycle. The only good news it that I can still button my "fat pants".

I find myself being very short fused these days. Dang pregnancy hormones. But today ended up being a nice day. Jer and I did grocery shopping with out kids. That becomes such a luxury and so nice when we get to go alone. Then Jer took the kids to walmart for a bit so I could pick up the house. We had dinner then had family home evening. We had a lesson on the Word of Wisdom and then finished the evening off with a few rounds of hide and go seek. It was so nice to slow down and play with them today. They grow so fast! We have been working hard on making prayer and scripture study and consistent part of our daily routine. It is one of those things that can be frustrating at times. Trying to get the kids to sit down and listen. I know that  making the effort goes a long way even when things don't go exactly as planned. 

2 comments:

  1. She is too cute in her dance outfit! Hopefully little Bode is on the mend, poor kid. I think the heat is getting to lots of people and their hormones, I feel your pain...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months prego at the reunion? man, that sucks. I would hate that if it were me right now. But I guess better pregnant than a week post partum... right??

    As far as the scripture study goes, while my kids are little right now... we got the book of mormon picture books and do a story a day. (next up D&C and bible) We figure it gives them something to look at while we explain the story. If we even try one verse from the scriptures, they all look at us blankly and then run around. Just a thought... ;)

    You are doing great, I'm sure. Pregnancy ain't easy... homestretch!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails