Friday, August 12, 2011

Days of the week...

Monday-The first day of kindergarten.

Tuesday
He was super excited to go back to school. This is an outfit I picked out. I wanted him to wear it on the fist day of school, he did not. But I pulled it out for the second day and he decided it was ok to wear. Later in the morning he came up to me and said, "mom, I feel pretty cool in these clothes". I told him its not the clothes, you are just a cool kid. Cute kid.


Wednesday:
Lee called me up to see if I wanted to go to Goodwill. Of course I did. We walked around there for and hour or so. Scored a few fun things and left there starving. We tried a new restaurant for lunch that turned out to be pretty good. To keep Laine occupied I let her play with my phone. She snapped this little gem of Daisy. It made me laugh.

Thursday:
Thursday Laine took advantage of the long wait to pick up Bode and took a quick nap. She is now a little over 2 1/2 years old and will no longer take a nap. Boo. I think she still needs one but between moving her to a different room, putting her in a big girl bed and Bode being gone all day she is feeling a little, lets say. grouchy. So we are going to be working hard on setting up the rules for an afternoon quiet time and save the fight for the new bed time routine. She also is really missing Bode during the day. She asks me all day where he is, if she can play with him and when he "come home". But I do think she is enjoying the one on one time with me and Jer. She just putters around behind me and basically just does what I am doing, which can be so helpful... or not so much. I have realised that I don't know how to entertain a 2 year old. I did when Bode was that age. Laine has always been entertained by Bode. We are going to figure out how to keep her entertained and out of trouble. I have also noticed my house is staying alot cleaner without him here. That is a nice bonus.
 Thursday continued:
When we finally got to pick up Bode from school on Thursday Bode was not a happy camper. He saw me and he look fine, then I walked up closer to get him and he was bawling.  His teacher said that about 20 min before that he said he didn't feel good and he was looking a bit sick. We got to the car and he said a million things. Like he was so tired, it was too hot, there are to many people at school, he missed me, his head hurt, I forgot his water bottle and that Braden isn't in his class. I figured that 4 days of full day kindergarten finally caught up with him and he was just worn out. He took a nap right when we got home and then went to bed at 6:30. During that time his fever rose and he just pain old didn't feel good. I was hoping a good nights rest would do the trick.

Friday:
I was wrong. He woke up with a high fever and a horrible stomachache. Jer took him to the dr this morning, boy they sure have gotten their money out of us. He has a sinus infection. He has just laid low all day. He curled up and took a nap with Jeremiah this morning and hasn't got off the couch all afternoon.His fever is coming and going. Hopefully the antibiotic will do the trick and he will feel better soon. I am not surprised that he got sick. He has been go, go, go full of anticipation and anxiety for a few weeks and then school has just worn him out. He is always the first to get sick whenever we get together with family. I was just really hoping it would have taken longer for him to get sick. So today nothing has been done. He wants me to sit on the couch with him. I have been very obliging. He is growing so fast and why miss the moments that he still needs me?

2 comments:

  1. Poor kiddo hope he is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Guy! I hope is better this week and back to school. Oh and once you figure out your entertaining a 2 year old let me know. I go crazy sometimes with Cardon. Hearing that Laine isn't doing naps anymore makes me sad too since my little babe will making his/her presence when he is about 2 1/2 :( Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails