Wednesday, March 2, 2011

nooooo.....

That is what Laine calls the snow. She just yells,"nooooo".

We haven't been up north for a while and last weekend seemed like the perfect time to get away. Bode has been dying to go sledding and we saw that there was going to be a storm. So we left late Friday night to go up to my parents house. Saturday morning we where hoping the snow would start to fall, but no "no". Just bitter cold, wind and dark clouds. The kids didn't seem to mind that there was only a small patch of snow to play in. They enjoyed pulling each other around in the sled and going down a small little hill Jeremiah built up for them to go down.





Luckily for us the storm came in overnight and didn't disappoint. There were at least 6 inches when we woke up and anther 3 or 4 after we went to sacrament that morning. Since we were packing up and leaving in the afternoon we snuck in a little snow time before we headed home.   

Bode was very happy to make a snow angel.


Laine would have been happier if she could have put her arms down ;) and kept her boots on.


We found a small enough hill close to my parents house. It was just the right size for them to have fun, and the right size for Jer and me to not get too worn out lugging them up the hill.

I love Laine's faces. I am sure Bode's were just as good but he was hiding behind Laine.


No matter how much snow you get to play in there must always be toast and cocoa.
Good thing Grandma Trish spoiled us and we got homemade toast, yummy!
 It was a short trip but was a fun one. It is hard to leave the beautiful winter weather here in the desert to visit the real winter weather in the mountains. I have fully transitioned to a thin blooded, flat lander. Although I absolutely LOVE my home town and the people there, I have really come to love the valley. The weather, people and convinces here. Although I know in a few months when the temperatures are off the charts I will be singing a different tune. I have already warned my parents I will be packing my bags and living with them in July :D. 

This is a special "note to self" for Jeremiah:
When you are driving down the highway at 65 mph and decide to empty your cup of all ready been chewed sunflower seeds, please, for the sake of your passengers, turn the cup the proper way. If held the wrong way every passenger in the car will get pelted by sunflower seeds as the whole contense of the cup will fly throughout the car and not out the window as intended.




Bode really, really wanted to bring some snow home with us. Grandma Trish let us borrow an ice chest. Bode packed it full of snow so he could bring some home. You think they are excited to have a snow ball fight?




Thanks Dad and Mom for letting us come up and play!!

1 comment:

  1. so jealous you got to see the snow and, visit home :) glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails