Sunday, August 1, 2010

6 times...

Jeremiah and I have been married for 5 1/2 years. In that 5 1/2 years we have moved 5 times. Now we are gearing up for move number 6. Don't worry we aren't moving far, just a few streets over. After 2 years on this house we decided that it is time to get a little more space and more importantly a back yard. I am also really excited to have carpet. Yes, carpet. I know that may sounds weird but for the last 2 years we have been living in a house that has tile in every single room. It is because the previous owners have allergies and took out all the carpet. It was great because I never had to worry about stains or ruining carpet but I was always worried about kids falling and breaking a bone on unforgiving tile. Plus Laine is such a climber. I was/am dreading the day she learns how  to climb out of her crib. That first fall on to the floor is shock enough, but can you imagine falling on to a tile floor? Ouch, that could be an ER trip.

We have 2 weeks to pack everything up and get out. Bode starts preschool on Wednesday. Jeremiah has been having to go to a lot of court dates for work, meaning a ton of extra hours. And I am also getting all my lesson plans ready to start my own preschool in September.(Still looking to fill up 2 spots by the way) Needless to say we are going to be super busy!

Although packing and moving is a pain. I secretly like to do it. Not the whole boxes and lifting heavy things but the setting up house part. I love having new spaces to decorate. Lets hope for a smooth move!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't mind packing...it's the unpacking I'm not liking. I'm trying to decorate right now, but I have too much crap. You need to come out here and help me. ha ha. :) I'm excited you are going to that house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let us know if we can help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. moving is exciting! congrats on getting a new place. i hope that is me in the next year..

    can't wait to see all the cute new decorations you add. you are so dang crafty.

    Good Luck with preschool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have moved 6 times and been married almost 5 years! Someday it will slow down right? I always say I hate moving, but really if I didn't move so often, I would never get rid of so much clutter each time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like moving into a new space as well, fun stuff! Let us know if you need some of David's muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are the same way....3 moves in 3 years! I love the new places I go..but hate the packing/unpacking. :)
    Good luck with your move...hope everything goes smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails