Monday, February 8, 2010

Day one...

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs with garlic and basil seasoning {yummy}
2 pieces of bacon
-south beach calls for Canadian bacon but all I had was regular bacon.

Snack:
Cheese stick and water

Lunch:
Easy Summer Salad - This was pretty good. Instead of feta cheese I used cottage cheese.


Afternoon Snack:
Nuts- almonds, walnuts and a few peanuts



We interrupt this diet for this reason.....



See that triangle looking blob on the right side {left if you are looking straight on}
it is pneumonia.

Yep, little Bode James has a pneumonia.



Friday night Bode was sounding a little horse. Saturday he had a tight cough and a fever. We decided to not go to church on Sunday because of Saturday's fever. He was acting fine all day. Sunday we went over to diner at the Brooks's house. He was his happy little self but with in an hour or so he was slowing down and his fever came back. We came home, got some tylenol and he slept all night. This morning he was feeling better. I was having him take it easy all day. He seemed a little under the weather but still he seemed alright. Then is was quiet time this afternoon and he fell asleep. He never sleeps in the day unless he feels yucky. So when he got up I took his temperature, it was 103.9. That was that. I called up Rena to watch Laine and we were off to urgent care. After a thorough check up and xrays the diagnosis is a pneumonia. Poor kid. He was feeling much better after we left the urgent care. He has some medicine and we will check up with our regular doctor on Wednesday. Hopefully it will clear up quickly and that Laine Jo will stay healthy. Prayers for my little duder.


With all this going down this evening it was to much for me to make my planned dinner. A taco from Taco Bell is on the South Beach Diet, right? Other then my dinner I did quiet well today. On to day 2...

7 comments:

  1. Poor Bode! I hope he feels better soon. Good luck with your diet, and I'm sure a taco is on the diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kiddo!! I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your diet...You'll inspire me to get back in the groove! And I feel so bad about Bode, I hope he bounces back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well, Boder. We love you. (I see a future big boy in that X-ray)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's no fun! I hope Bode feels better soon. Good luck with the diet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will keep Bode in our prayers. We hope he feels better soon.

    Good luck with your diet Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor little guy. it's so scary when your little ones get sick.. hope he recovers quickly.

    also, good luck on your diet! and congrats on 5 yrs of marriage!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails