Sunday, February 7, 2010

Diet...

is a four letter word.
I am starting the South Beach Diet on Monday. The last time I did this diet, the spring before I got pregnant with Laine, I lost 10 lbs in 14 days. This was around the time we were moving from up north down to the valley. Between moving, Jer in the academy and all that stress I never got to finish the whole program. This time I am determined to do it.
This diet is broken up into Phases. There are three of them. The first phase is the most strict, but the most effective. There is a long list of the foods you can't have. So for the next 14 days is it good bye bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, sugar and fruit. Plus whole bunch of other stuff. I will have to admit I am not the most creative cook. Last time I just got all my recipes out of the book. Many of them are complicated and expensive. Luckily for me this time I found this great SBD recipe blog. They all sound so yummy and I am excited to try them all. You eat a lot of veggies, lean meats, eggs, cheese and nuts. Also you can have sugar free candy, jello and fudgesicles (yay).
I have been working on my 14 day menu and shopping list, going to take some "before" pictures and get my gym plan ready. I am going to update all my progress here (sorry if that bores you). I figure it is a good way to be held accountable.
Anybody want to join me?

13 comments:

  1. Good Luck I wish I could join you!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I tried this about 3 weeks ago...no sugar for 5 days. I lost 5 pounds...but then i caved and gained it back. maybe i'll do this with you starting next week...monday is too soon and i have to bake like 400 sugar cookies this week...most likley eating like 10 of them. hang in there! keep telling yourself its just food, go make a craft. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Good Luck! Geeze want to loose 10 lbs for me. Id really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You dad doesn't know it but he will be joining you. This is so good for you to blog this. Creates accountability with your 2000 watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have 2000 watchers. 100 on a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Heidi where is the blog with the recipies, I have got to do something myself. Sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to commit, but i hate failing and that is exactly what i'll do. i did this diet for 2 weeks, lost like 10 pounds and then gave up...so i cant commit! wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divorce has been a GREAT diet for me LOL! But, good luck and honestly you are way better than me I never stick to diets!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck!!! I will check those blogs out, I love new reciepes! I'm also droppin sugar and bread this week...it's a sad sad thing. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brave! I don't know if I could live without bread, pasta and fruit. I don't really know much about the South Beach Diet, it will be fun to see how you like it.

    Btw - Healthy Choice Fudgesicles from Costco are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heidi,

    I'm thinking about it and I really need to do something. Where is the blog with the recipes. If I can get an idea about meals and get stuff planned and organized I might be able to do it. How is everything else going? I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how your husbands job was going?
    PS. Sorry your son's is sick that is so scary. I hope you feels better soon.

    Tish H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too need to diet. I just need the will power!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails