Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dear Willow Canyon...

Please excuse our absence from sacrament meeting this year. You see Jeremiah's job makes it so that the only time we can go to church together is 12:00. I am so very grateful that Jeremiah has a good job, so please don't think I am complaining.
We decided rather than Jer going to church alone and me going alone (wrestling 2 rowdy children) we would continue going to the 12:00 meeting time as a family.
So as for me and the kids we are making Sunday and all day affair. Sacrament at 12:00, then we come home, eat (blog) and nap, then we head out the door to go to Sunday school and Primary at 3:00.
It has been good so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. I want our children to know that church attendance is important. Sometimes it is easy to go and sometimes it is a sacrifice. Either way the blessing of going to church out way all the inconvenience of having to do it this way. We also are very grateful for Jeremiah's job. This is just a small sacrifice we have to live with.
So if there are any important announcement made in sacrament meeting please send them my way. I would greatly appreciate it :)
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! Jordan works all night on Friday and Saturday nights (he used to work Sunday night too), so Sundays are always hard. Today I drove him home after Sacrament Meeting because he would have fallen asleep in class, and that's always embarrassing! But like you said, at least he has a job! We remind ourselves of that blessing every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you can go to Sacrament together and are showing your children by example. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sustained as "QUEEN" of the ward today, bummed that you missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just found your blog, I love all the pictures of your kids!!
    I'm sorry about Sundays being so crazy for you but I know your children will remember your example to them and you will be stronger for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for going to all that extra work to do what's right! It will all be worth it someday. And I am glad you'll still be able to make it for our "class"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep you updated on any important announcements. That is if we actually make it on time!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails