Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Something strange is going on around here....

The evidence:
A very messy kitchen.
Over flowing laundry baskets.


Stuff everywhere.

The children are feeding themselves.



Suspicious clues are piling up.



The evidence is definitely pointing to the guilty party.



Because I don't think Jer can use one of these.


This is the face of the guilty party.
I have been neglecting my normal household duties to have some fun! Well maybe you don't think it is fun but I have been sewing. But my poor house and poor children they have been thoroughly neglected. So I have packed up my sewing machine... kind of... OK just for today. I love picking out fabric and making cute little things. But for today I am forcing myself to clean my house from top to bottom. Then if I finish I might reward myself with a trip to Joanne's to pick out some new fabric. But the house is pretty bad and I think Joanne's will be closed before I finish.


This is I think my favorite dress so far. I love the purple and I figured out how to put on little cap sleeves. Bode runs up to me while I sew and always says "oh look mom a dress for Laine Jo". He did ask me when I was making his dress... um never. I think I am going to make him a super hero cape.


It isn't finished yet but here are the cute sleeves.


My cute little model wears her clothes so well.

I love the ruffle butt bloomers.

I even attempted a matching headband/flower.

Oh girls are fun. She is my own little doll to dress up. Better enjoy this phase as long as I can!

16 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh my gosh, these dresses are ADORABLE! I've seen dresses not even as cute as these sell on etsy for $25+. You've got talent Heidi! I adore these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - you rock!! I have a sewing machine from my grandma - sadly I don't know what to do with it - maybe one day I will - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARLING pictures of the Family and house! I love it!!!
    Also that's so cool that your Dad is a Bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! You are so talented, I don't think I could ever sew a dress. Do you get all your fabric at Joann's? We need a good, cheap fabric store out here, I hate driving to Joann's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um... is it bad that my house and children are in the same condition? and for the very same reason. This sewing is becoming addicting I tell ya, but so fun! Lets get together to sew again. Tell me again what days are good for you.
    The blog is the same one that shows the footboards... granvillehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute stuff. I really like sewing and think I am pretty good at it...well besides that i skip a lot of steps and never cut straight (patience?) I did make Rhylan a dress last summer and it turned out aweful! I haven't' tried making her clothes again. Your stuff seems to come out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done it again!!! It is adorable and so is your model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! So funny. I'm glad you will NEVER make Bode a dress. However, they sure are cute on Laine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE dresses! I just picked out fabric the other day to make curtains & a dress for Alyssa.I am going to learn to sew FINALLY!
    Woo Hoo! I am actually really excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought for a moment you were taking pictures of my house! I do the same thing when I get started on projects! The dresses are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might just be the craftiest person I know. Um... LOVE them. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, my house looks like that too, but I don't sew...must me the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are way cute!!! I am jealous that you can sew so good! You might have to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so talented! wish i could make stuff like that!
    i hope you don't mind that i look at your blog. we went to eac together and my husband grew up in eagar with your hubby. anyway i think you have a super cute family and you are amazing with all your many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again, if only I had a little girl!! I understand the house neglect, we all do it. I love the picture of "kiddo's feeding themselves".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails