Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our mini vacation...

Jer came home from work a few weeks ago and told me we were getting boring. He decided that we needed to go on vacation. We have never gone on a vacation by ourselves. We have gone with friends and family but never just our little family. We had a little money and decided to be impulsive for once in our lives and go to San Diego. I loved it! I remember vacations as a child and having fun with my family. But there is something different about taking your own children. It was so fulfilling to see Bode have so much fun and we felt very blessed that we were able to take our kids on this trip. It also made me very grateful for my parents taking us on vacations as kids. Thanks Dad and Mom!!



The trip over was good. Jer, of course, got home super late from work so we ended up not leaving as early as we had planned. But it was only a five hour drive. We made good time even with all the potty, lunch and nursing stops. Both kids did really good. Bode only watched one movie the whole time. The interstate into San Diego follows the Union Pacific Railroad. Bode loves trains and was so excited to see them all day long.


8 comments:

  1. That's great that you guys did that, so fun! A great way to make many family memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mini vacations are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Rhett & I's goal in life is to take our family on lots of vacations - I sure hope it happens because I think they are important and soooo fun!! I'm totally jealous - I love san diego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I added you to my blog, I hope that is ok : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bode was good in the car for five hours!! You have an amazing son! I don't think I could keep Kaylee in the car for more than 45 minutes... Trip or no trip, your family is not boring! :) Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to San Diego but it is on my list of things to do before we leave AZ. I would love to watch your kids....call me about times and such 536-2821

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your phone. cscussel@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bode was elated... I can tell from the picture. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails