Saturday, February 7, 2009

4 years...

Jeremiah and I have been married for four years! It doesn't seem like that much time has passed between us. All I know is that I didn't know what I was getting myself into the day I said I would marry him. I say that in a good way. These past four years have been wonderful. I love my husband more and more. It is amazing how love can change and grow. It is so assuring to know that I have someone that will be with my through everything. And that the good and bad times we have together only makes us stronger and more connected to each other.


Here are four years of anniversary pictures:




These picture were some of the professional pictures that were taken for our wedding. I hate them all! I feel bad that my mom and dad paid for the pictures and we didn't order one print. I prefer the ones my friend Taytum took at the temple. But I thought I would mix it up a little and throw in one of these. I know it has only been 4 years but man we look so young in this picture.








This is our first anniversary. I am glad it isn't a close up shot because I was 8 months pregnant with Bode and have a good 50 extra pounds hanging out around my fact to prove it. We when up to Greer and stayed at the lodge. It was so beautiful and the room was great. It had a huge jet tub and a king size bed. We didn't have a ton of money and this suite would have been way out of our price range but it was a bad winter and tourism was down. So they were running a local special for like half the price. But our goal of saving money went out the window when our waiter messed up our order and gave Jer a $35 steak. He only ordered the $12 steak. They wouldn't admit their mistake and we ended up paying for it. I think it was funny that he ordered a $35 dollar steak and I ate my $8 dollar hamburger. They did give a free desert though.




Second Anniversary


We didn't do too much. We dropped Bode off at Rena's and got a hotel and went out to dinner. Neither of us feel the need to do anything spectacular, I just enjoy time together just me and him. We didn't even take a picture, this was actually Thanksgiving.









Third Anniversary:


We actually decided to go do something. Our original plan was to go to California, but it was ruled out because it was to expensive. We ended up spending the same amount of money in Tucson as we would have if we went to California. This was right before Jer started the academy. (wow this seems like yesterday) His poor brain was all over the place and he accidentally mis scheduled the whole week for the next week. Good thing everything was able to get moved up. We shopped, when to a yummy steak dinner, caught a spring training game and went to Carlsbad Caverns.







This year was nice and laid back. It is hard to do anything when you just had a baby. So we dropped off our kids at Rena's for a few hours and went to Costco and Sports Authority. Whoo hoo how romantic. After the day was over we both agreed we should have just come back home and took an uninterrupted nap. But again I enjoyed the whole day becasue I was with my husband.
Jer knows that I would someday love to have flowers delivered to our house. He thought that since we weren't going to do anything special this year he would go ahead and get some delivered. But since our anniversary is so close to Valentines Day, flower prices are super high. So he though would Heidi rather have $80 dollar flowers or something else. Well he thought right. I would rather have something else. So these are my "flowers". Sweet new running shoes! I can't wait to use them.

I think next year we might do something really great. Five years is a long time and deserves something special. My vote is for Disneyland. And I have a whole year to convince Jeremiah.
Happy 4 years Jer!! I love to so much!!

3 comments:

  1. The best thing about having grown up children is having grown up children with a good marriage.

    Happy Anniversary ~ Heidi & Jeremiah.
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love that our stories are so similar... just about a year apart! (a little more in the job department!) And Jeremiah's earlier post was so cute. Good job for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems to be the norm. The longer you are married and more kids you have the less you do for your anniversary.. but the more it means. I love the sneakers! My husband's gifts are turning less romantic as well. This year I got workout clothes and flipflops. lol. Congrats. Many wonderful years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails