Saturday, January 10, 2009

Unmotivated...

I have been such a slacker these days. Poor Bode, he is ready to have his mommy back. I know that postpartum mom won't be too much better, but it is a step back to being normal. For now he has to settle for snuggling on the couch watching movies, reading books and trying to get me on the floor to play with toys.
Nine days until I get induced. Not too bad. Still not soon enough. Maybe she will decide that she is as anxious to see us as we are to see her and come sooner. I for one am ready to get things back to the new normal for us. I feel like I have been neglecting so many things. With Bode, Jeremiah, my house and church I know that it will take some time to get back to normal, but I am so ready. We will just keep waiting...
One new thing that I have found that I love to do is find new recipes. I have never been able to bake. I don't like putting everything together and hoping it turns out after I take it out of the oven. I do like to cook though. So many bloggers have great recipes and it is fun to try them out. I can't remember exactly where I got this one but it tastes great and looks beautiful when it is all cooked. It made more than I thought it would. So I made two "braids" and froze one for dinner some other time.
*Even tonight as we ate dinner Bode turned to me and said "mmm yummy mom, thank you"

Broccoli Braid
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
11/2 cups broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz. (1cup) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. dill weed
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkgs. (8oz. each) crescent roll dough
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tbls. slivered almonds

Directions:Preheat oven to 375F. Chop chicken and broccoli using food processor. Finely chop bell pepper add to chicken and broccoli. Add crushed garlic and shredded cheese. Mix gently and add mayonnaise, dill weed, and salt continue to mix. Unroll packages of crescent dough but keep the rolls together in a sheet. Do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of a rectangle baking sheet. Press the “seams of the dough to close them. seal perforations. Along the longest sides of the sheet, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep so there are 6 inches in the center for the filling. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. Take the strips of dough across mixture to meet in center and proceed by “braiding” the strips together. Brush egg white over dough and toss almonds over the dough. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! Hang in there for another nine days! I can't believe my favorite babysitter is going to have two kids! It sounds like you are a great mom! We got to see Lee at Christmas. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm that sounds yummy! How is being the wife of an officer? Is he on nights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to www.favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com, she has a TON of really good recipes. And easy ones too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails