Friday, January 23, 2009

One baby, two baby...

Laine


Bode

They do look a lot alike right now. They both like and liked to tilt their heads to the same direction. They both have the same cute little button nose. Bode was so bruised and red from his labor. Laine came so fast she didn't have time to get any bruises. I still can't believe Laine has hair. Bode was really quite bald. He had some hair but nothing like her. His was just barely on top and a bit of a mullet in the back. You can't tell by her picture but really she does have a good amount of hair on her little head.


This has been quite and enjoyable week for us. It has been a smooth transition ...so far. My Mom went home this morning and Jer has gone back to work. Now it is time to really see if I can handle two kids. I am felling really good though. I had a really hard recovery with Bode. I couldn't even walk around holding him for a few days. But this has been so much better. I do however have to remind myself to not do to much , or I will wear myself out.






I was glad to have my mom here. But I think Bode liked having her here more. He is already missing his "nema'.




Bode has done really well having the new baby here. We haven't seen the jealousy issue yet. I know it is going to come eventually, so I better enjoy the peace now. He gets very concerned when she cries and tells me "baby's cryn', she hungie!" He like is when she is awake and like to get right down in her eye line and smile and talk to her. He is a sweet little boy. Someday I am sure he will be very protective of her.



All good things must come to an end. Jeremiah has gone back to work. I am so glad that he was able to take off so many days. I do know that he would not have been able to stay home one more day. He is not a homebody like me.

What a handsome little devil!

I am glad that I am feeling so good. I do know however that all these hormones going though my body make me have highs and lows. Jer is always good to let me be sad and cry when I need to. He tells me that crying gets out all the bad hormones. It is a strange feeling to be in hospital feeling like you did something amazing. I feel like I accomplished something big. Then the rosy glasses come off and you are in pain, your boobs have grown three times their natural size and your have nasty belly. I know that my biggest post pregnancy issues stem from bad self image. So I have to remind myself that I have 6 weeks to ignore my body and then I can whip myself back into shape. I did however cut and color my hair this week. I may not be able to have any control over my fat butt right now but I can have cute hair. But I am already better off than I was with Bode. I only gained 40 lbs with this little girl. I know for some of you this sounds like a lot but for me it is great! With Bode I gain 65lbs, yuck. So hopefully it will be easier to get myself back into shape. Ok that is probably enough Heidi talk. But is won't be that last. It is good to talk and let your feeling out a bit.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure you look great! It's only been a week! Give yourself some credit!! These pictures are killing me not being there to get some newborn snuggling in!! The picture of Bode and her is so sweet! I'm sure he's an awesome big brother! Keep the pictures coming, that's the best I get for now! :) She's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new baby girl! She's adorable! I'm glad things are going well for you with #2. I hope I'll have a good experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both really cute babies! I remember the first couple weeks after Ellie was born I would be totally fine and happy all day, and then when Jace would come home I would just break down. It's like when a hurt kid sees their mom and it makes them cry harder. Oh the joys of hormones!! I just hope that it all passes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laine is soo cute. I love the two pics you put up of them. They will LOVE looking back when they are older siblings and seeing how similar and yet different they are! How fun! You guys produce HOT little cuties! I hope mine are as cute as yours!!! Bode is the cutest thing ever too, I love how good of a brother he is right now! Ahhh... Im happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is seriously cute! I am glad you are feeling really good too. It's so fun having 2 kids...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is getting cuter and cuter! Let me know if you need anything, the first week on your own can be exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg and Mel and I are curled up on the couch enjoying the new pictures of Dalayne and Bode! Megan was reminding me that Bode calls he Gogan! Glad to hear your recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a beautiful little girl. She does look a lot like Bode, but she has got her own sweet look to her. I am so glad that everything went so smooth for you and I can't wait till Callie and Laine can play together. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's SO pretty! Congrats aagain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure your post-baby belly can't be worse than what I had last year. (remember that).. I had to ignore all the mirrors for the quite a while.

    I agree with the cute hair. I always said, "Well, at least my head looks good."

    You will do great. You seem very patient.

    Your family is gorgeous and happy.. focus on that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you look good!! Your kids are both so cute!! I love the name Laine!! She is so precious! It will be so fun having them so close in age and become good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails