Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lucky Little Boy...

I am so glad to have things getting back to semi-normal around here. My mom left Friday morning, then Saturday morning Bode woke up all congested and snotty nosed. Plus Laine woke up with a runny nose too. Jer may have thought I was a bit of an overreact-er(that may not be a word) but I didn't want Bode coughing in Laine's face. So it worked out that my Dad was just a few hours out of Surprise and was able to pick up Bode to go back to Pinetop with him. I was really sad to see him go, but it was nice to get a bit more rest and let Bode get better before our new little life got put into full swing. We picked up Bode yesterday. We were so happy to see him and he was pretty happy to see us too. Actually it was the first time we have been in a car as our little family. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching Bode!!
Lucky Bode should get a new sibling every week. Then he would be spoiled every day. During the days leading up to Laine's arrival Bode was thoroughly spoiled by all his grandparents. He got to have a sleepover at Grandma Rena's and Grandpa Steve's house. I think he had a blast. How about you?These pictures are so good. I can never get this kid to smile at a camera for me. Especially when he is playing.

Then Bode got to go to the zoo. He had so much fun. I guess he was a bit shy about feeding the animals. He held out his hand to me and said "they bite you" He did end up feeding a bird and apple and let the giraffe nibble some food off his hand.

I am not so sure he likes this little goat.


He was having a lot of fun looking at the animals until he saw the train. Then it was bye bye animals, Hello Train!

I love how he looks so serious about the train. He loves trains so much!

This is a sweet little picture my sister took in the hospital. A little Daddy-Daughter bonding. Laine definitely knows her Daddy's voice. Last night she was crying and Jer started talking to her and she stopped crying and got really calm for him. I am excited to see how their relationship will be different than Jer's and Bode's.

We are really loving this little girl. She has changed so much. I had a frustrating time breast feeding Bode. Not that he wouldn't latch on good, but that he really liked to linger on the boob. I could feed him for 45 mins on each side and he would still whine for more. This time around our pediatrician gave me some really good advice. She said to feed her every 2 hours not matter what. Wake her up and make her eat during the day. Then only let her eat for 10 mins on each side. Then at night let her sleep and only feed her if she asks for it. It has worked really good so far. I had just thought that since Bode wanted to eat for that long he was starving. He was probably using me more as a pacifier that anything else. Well that and the fact the kid is a tank and was using me and taking a bottle. But feeding every 2 hours seems to keep her happy and at night she has has some good long stretches of sleeping which is great. She does have her nights and days mixed up. Her most alert time is from about 8-12. I love Jer's schedule. It works really well so that I can sneak in a morning nap or even sleep in a bit on his day off. So I haven't felt to sleep deprived...yet.
It is nearly the end of the month, did you keep your resolution? I have actually done really well with one of mine, ok with the other one and definitely will be working harder on my last one next
~ Bode's night time routine has been going great. Other than that last crazy week we have done it every day. He even got upset at me the other night when I put him to bed without saying prayers. Success! Now I can cross that off my monthly resolution and think of something else do do in February.
~ Laundry had been better than normal. Maybe that is becasue my mom was here and did it for me. So I guess that this revolution gets to stick around for next month to.
~ Scripture reading. I won't even comment. It definitely stays around for a February resolution.
So I need to come up with one February resolution. I have a few days to think about it. So it better be a good one for me.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the update...keeps us up in on whats going on! So glad to hear Lanie is doing well and that you are having a better experiance Breast Feeding! Sounds like you guys are adjusting very well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails