Monday, December 22, 2008

Preparing for Christmas...

It may be a bit late, but I still have a bunch of Christmas stuff to do before Thursday! My list of to do's gets longer every time I think about what needs to be done.



Stat's Christmas preparation consisted of one thing. Getting the big fix. He is a bit older than we would have liked to get is done, but yea it is done. Hopefully a few of his manly dog habits that were starting to show will go away. You think he likes the pain meds we gave him?


(freaky eyes, and I couldn't edit them out)



I have a bunch of cleaning to do. We hare having a family party here tomorrow night. And my house is dirty. I really like the motivation to get it really clean. These days I am getting to big to do all the regular deep cleaning I usually do, it has just been bare minimum clean. So I am looking forward to having everything "squeaky" clean before Christmas day. I am quite lucky though. I have two, kinda three, reluctant helpers. Lee, Jer and Bode whoo hoo!


Bode has been a big helper these days. Lets see he helped clean up the bathroom, after he pooped in his pull-up and smeared number 2 everywhere. He loves to get himself dressed...in at least 10 different things a day. He helped Lee with her scripture studying by ripping out a few pages. My personal favorite was the helping me fold laundry. Folding laundry is one of my least favorite chores. I usually put it off until the clothes are piling up everywhere are we are living our lives around piles of laundry. Last Saturday night I stayed up late folding all the laundry and was to tired to put everything away so I left it. Sunday night Bode, being such a big helper, decided to refold all the clothes. I wasn't watching him and when I came to check on the quiet kid, all my laundry was in a pile under the Christmas tree. I decided that I couldn't yell or get too mad at him. I know he was trying to help me. But it did make me cry. Seriously, I must be 35 weeks pregnant, because I had to call Jer and tell him what happened, with tears running down my face the whole time. Jer was very sweet and listened to my whole ramblings and then called me every so often that evening to make sure I was ok. Poor people who have to deal with me right now. No wait! Poor me for having to be so crazy hormonal. I need to learn to be better at laundry and put it away.

I still have a bunch of Christmas shopping to do. Opps. Better get on that. Hopefully I can clean today, shop tomorrow morning, cook for the party in the afternoon tomorrow and then be able to relax after that. Oh did I mention that I haven't wrapped present either? This I did on purpose becasue Bode has been very curious about the few that are under there. So I just didn't want him to open any before Christmas, but it is just about Christmas so maybe I should wrap them right?

Hopefully I can get everything done today. Wish me luck. And good luck to you with all your last minuet Christmas preparations.

2 comments:

  1. After new years, Bode needs to come spend a few days at our house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way with folding clothes! Its not my favorite at all! Oh yeah and I havent even started my shopping yet or have any presents under our tree. We are waiting till Christmas Eve this year because I want to make it a tradition to put them all under when "santa" comes.. So Alaya can start believing in Santa. Hope you are able to get everything done. I was hoping to get all my shopping done today caue the weather is horrible here in Utah so it doesnt look like I will be going out anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails