Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jeremiah James

I am so blessed to have married Jeremiah. He really is an incredible person. I am not just saying this becasue I love him. Even if we weren't married, I would feel that he is a great person. He was able to over come great trials in his life and use them for the better. His past could have made him bitter and resentful towards a lot of things. But he chose to use them another way. I won't go into all the details. They are not mine to tell. This was an article written about him when he was a junior in high school. It gives you a brief idea of his past. (if you are interested, I hope it gets bigger when you double click it)


I am very grateful for his family. The Joncas family was blessed with an open heart and I am grateful they opened their doors to so many kids in need.




We don't have a ton of baby pictures of Jeremiah. This was a shot from the hospital. Please notice the incredibly long finger nails. Bode nails looked just the same. They both can clip their nails weekly, and still have better looking nails than mind.



Maybe about 1 year old.
Around 3 years old


2nd Grade 1990
3rd Grade 1991
8 years old
This was the day he was adopted by the Joncas Family.
I think this was about 10 years old
8th Grade
The awesome glasses and "butt crack" hair in all its glory. He lived in Eager/Round Valley in Jr.High. It is funny to me that he only lived a town away from me for a while. I am glad he moved from there though. I don't think I would have married a R.V. boy. That is worse that marring a Snowflake boy. (haha j/k that is for John) Another funny thing is that when he was in high school. He would come up to Pinetop with the Brooks family for vacations. If they had ever attended sacrament meeting they would have been in my ward. I probably would have though he was cute. But he probably would not have noticed me. To quote my little sister "You look better when you got older" thanks Lee.
Freshman year.
I have heard many times form different people that Jer was really particular about his hair. This year I guess he would wet his hair, put gel in it, and then shake his head around until it looked good.
Sophomore Year.
Please note the same shirt and Freshman year. I guess it was his favorite one. It does look good though. Maybe he liked it so much he bought two of them.
Junior Year Basketball
What a stud :)
I know one other reason for Jer's success is good friends. I am thankful for these boys and their families. I guess Jer was not a shy boy. Rena has told me it was not uncommon to find Jer at her house when they came home. No one else there, just him asleep on a bed or the couch.
Jeremiah swears all the crazy things they did when they were young where all Jason's ideas. Now that I know Jason better, I think this might be true.
I think Jer feels that he is just the freakishly tall one in Brooks family. They always treat him so good, and they still do. I am so grateful to be an adopted member of their family. Thank you Rena, Steve, Brandon, Nathan, Aaron and Heather for putting up with him.
Oh yes and it is nice to know that I am not Jer's "best" friend. But that glory spot is reserved for Nathan. Jer said I was his best friend in most things, but not when it comes to outdoor things. I told him to go talk to the bishop becasue your wife is supposed to be your best friend. (Hehe) I am glad he has a friend to go do things with. I know how fun it must be to lug around your pregnant wife places. I just hope that someday I won't have to discipline my teen age son and middle aged husband at the same time.
Not picture here, but Jer's friend Brian. Jer has told me crazy stories of racing down the freeway in their "sweet" cars flying to get to work at dashmat. I am surprised all these boys are still alive. Now I am glad the relationship is a more low-key golfing on the weekend kind of things.
I love Aarron Waldon's pose in this picture. It cracks me up becasue I met him at EAC and every picture I have ever seen of him is this pose. It must be his good side. I am glad that Aaron got Jer to got to EAC. If it weren't for him I would be an old maid with cats.
I never had the opportunity to met Joel. But I know that he was a good friend to Jeremiah and is missed.



Senior Year

I won't get to mushy on everyone here. But I am so thankful for my husband. He is a great example to me. He is the eternal optimist. He is so good to me. He follows the spirit in all his choices. I am grateful that he is a good provider for us. He is such a wonderful father. I would have 10 kids just so Jer could be their dad. They would all be so lucky to have him at their dad. I love him more today than ever and I am thankful that I get to spend my life with him.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post!! I think you married a very good guy!! When you see everything he went through, not just what was mentioned in that article but the things that he went threw while out on a mission... I'm not sure I could have stayed as strong as he has!! I've always admired that in Jer! And I know Brian is very thankful he's had him as his friend and still does!! You're a lucky lady and your kids as well!! Love ya Jer!

    ps- I've heard all that they did was Jason's ideas as well!! He came up with them and then sat back and watched while they got in trouble!! So Jason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog... found it from Nathan and Kim's.

    I have to agree with you... Jeremiah is quite an amazing guy! We met Jeremiah and his family when our two oldest were very young... maybe 11 years ago?? Anyway, he did some babysitting for us and we recognized the qualities of a good daddy then. It is fun to see the wonderful life you two are building and creating together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post was very touching! I couldn't read the whole article cuz my eyes are bad but I think I got the jest of it. Your hubby sounds like an AMAZING guy!! I am so thankful for the KIND people in the world. I always agreed with the bummer sticker "mean people SUCK!"

    I hope one day we will meet up again and I can meet your amazing Jer!!

    I miss you Heidi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Heidi,
    This is the stuff that mother's of married daughters love to hear. It is good when your children are happily married and married to good people. And Jeremiah is good people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails