Tuesday, November 18, 2008

While you were out...



So I got up early this morning so that I could get some groceries before the busyness of the day took over. Not that big of deal, Jer was home so I got to go by myself.


I was turning the corner to our house on the way home and noticed a boxer standing in the road. Then I noticed two of my neighbors waving their arms for me to stop. Then I saw my little Bode standing on the curb at the edge of our driveway. No Jeremiah to be seen.


I hurried, stopped my car and hopped out to grab Stat and Bode. My two neighbors were saying they saw Bode in the street! All alone!! So they went out to get him and Stat wouldn't let them come near him. He was growling and making sure they kept away from him. So they were just trying to get Bode out of the road and prevent any cars from coming around the corner, and dodging the protective dog.


When I was walking up the sidewalk to put them inside, Jer was looking panicked coming to the front door. If you were wondering where he was, just like I was at the time, he was, well, in the bathroom. He noticed that it sounded way to quiet and was searching the house for Bode and Stat.


Thank goodness for my two neighbor lady's that noticed Bode in the street. Thank you Stat for being so protective of Bode, and not biting anyone. That would have just been bad.


When all was said and done and everything had settled down. I asked Bode what he was doing in the front yard, he said "take trash out" Sure enough the kitchen trash was outside. He must have thought he was such a big boy taking out the trash.


Needless to say that was not a good way to come home. My heart sunk as a drove around the corner. Good thing nothing really happened. Bode got a good taking too. Jer felt pretty bad and will now be checking the locks before he goes to the bathroom. Stat got a lot of praise.

5 comments:

  1. what a good dog. :) kids sometimes get out, good thing he didn't go far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! But what a great dog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i bet that was so scary for you. I lost Rhylan once, she was hiding from me in my closet. She was not as adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary, at times I think the only thing that keeps Abbey in is our childs lock way up high on the door. But you got to be proud of Stat... such a gentle giant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. My heart just panicked for you as I read that. Whoa. What a scary feeling. My kids are little escape artists too..so have the special door knobs on and the locks way up high so they can reach it at the top of the door. Good thing Stat went with him..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails