Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Slippery Slide Rock...

We finally went on a trip with Kim and Nathan without any crazy "adventures". There were no bugs, the weather was great, we caught fish, and we didn't get stuck in any snow. We packed up our car with the Brooks's and their two cute little nephews to head up to Slide Rock. It was beautiful. The boys got in a little fishing before we actually headed over to slide rock. Next time we go, boys can fish and girls will shop.



I was the lucky one that tested the water first...not by choice though. I was bringing up the rear of our little group with our bag and dry towels. Lets just say I quickly remembered pregnant ladies have no balance when it comes to water, rock and walking!?! I guess. I was stepping up on to a little ledge right by the water and started to slip sideways. And rather than flop backwards into the water I "gracefully" turned around and went down a slide into about 2 feet of water. The funny thing was that there was a guy standing in the water right behind me and before I started to climb it, I joked with him that since I had the dry towels that of course I would fall in. And I did. The nice gentleman helped me out of the water and his friend helped me up the step. I personally have a bit of a sick humor and think it is hilarious when people fall down. And the sad part about this is that no one I knew saw me fall. Good thing I can laugh at myself because it was too funny. Sadly this was not the only time I lost my footing that day. But in my defense I never fell completely under, and didn't get my hair wet. It still makes me laugh just thinking about it :)


Here are the boys fishing. We did actually catch fish, although we have no documented proof of it.
Jeremiah in the freezing cold water!


Always a good time with the Brooks family.


Bode, Jordan and Kyle had a fun time with the squirt guns. They squirted everyone that walked by.


Bode was brave and went down the big slide with Jeremiah. He had fun doing it but he only did it once.

I have video of Jer and Nate going down the slide but it won't load. Maybe I will try that later.

8 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I totally understand the no balance thing. I'm glad you had a slide to go down though.

    It is so pretty up there! Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! I love these pictures because they remind me of the many many times I ditched in high school to go to Sedona with my friends. What a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wanted to go there before moving, I guess we will have to save it for a trip to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun!! I've never been to slide rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! Too bad no one saw you fall! I always feel dumber when no one I know sees because they don't get how funny it was! Isn't it fun to have days off when no one else does?!? It really cuts down the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a vacation! I loved your story of slipping in the water, it was so much fun to read. And Bode, he's getting so big! It looked like he was having the time of his life. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at that little belly! Adorable. I am glad you didn't hurt yourself falling. It's great you can laugh at it now though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails