Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My house...

A friend of mine did this on her blog. And it inspired me to clean and post some of my favorite things in my house. So in no particular order here they are...

Bode's Bathroom set~

I love it. Good old Pottery Barn. But even better, Pottery Barn on Ebay for a fraction of the price. It has towels, shower curtain and bath mat. I painted the wall art work to go with it.

My beautiful leather couch and chair~

Such a great gift from a family member. We had a nice set that we bought when we were first married. But when these came around there was no way I was going to pass them up. They are so durable and kid friendly. And I also love, love, love my coffee table and end tables. Just a side note. The pillows on the couch had just about had it. I was in the process of finding fabric and new pillows to make new ones. But instead I opened them up re fluffed the stuffing and whola, just like new.


My flying pig picture~

I think this picture is so wonderful. My sister bought it for me for $27 bucks. I had come over to help her with vinyl and ended up trading my work time for this picture. It makes me smile every time I look at it.


Bode's bedroom things~


I had $50 dollars to try and put together his big boy bed. Thank goodness for Target. I got the comforter set for $9.98 down from $30.00. Then the sheets for $4.98 down from $15.00. So I splurged on the other set of sheet that are super cute and of course not pictured.

Target had these two framed pictures for $8.00 a piece, down from $40.00 a piece.
My clock and Family Board~

When we bought our house in Pinetop Jeremiah said that couldn't but any home decor things. So to buy paint I had a yard sale. But one day he came home with clock. I wanted a big one for the family room and showed him it every time we went to Wal-Mart. He was so sweet and surprised me with it.

I also love my family sign. Jane Austen is my favorite font, I could put it on any vinyl project I do.

My kitchen table~

This was such a find. My mom and I went to an estate sale in Pinetop one week end and it was there. We got them to knock off $75 dollars off the price and I borrowed $400 from my mom to get it. Don't worry I paid her back a week or two later when I sold our other table, which was beautiful to, but when I came down to it, it was not kid friendly. It was pub height with white cushions on the chairs. And I had visions of peanut butter covered fingers all over them. I am so happy to have this table. It matches my coffee table and end tables.

The decorations at the top of the kitchen cabinets~

One of my favorite places to decorate is the kitchen. I love roosters, chickens, cows and stars. And to me they all go perfectly together in the kitchen. I love to go to Ross, Hobby Lobby and Real Deals to find random and inexpensive decor items.


The family picture wall~

I love these pictures, they really make the wall come together.

This chair is heaven~

A few weeks ago Jer and I went to the Goodwill and low and behold there was this chair. After carefully inspecting it for rips or suspicious smells I talked Jer into getting it. It is practically brand new. And the most comfortable seat in the house.


Another Goodwill find~

I already posted about this desk, but I still love it. A coat of paint turned gave it new life.


The new growing love in my house~

The pink stash growing in Bode's closet. The week before we found out we were having a girl we were going to yard sales. Jer and I came across one where this lady was getting rid of all her little girl clothes. Tons and tons of them! And they all looked like they had been worn once, if even that. So I picked up a bunch of super cute outfits. I figured that if I didn't get to use them my sister daughter Paisley would get to. And I love hand-me downs and a good bargain to much to pass them up. But yea I get to use them for our little girl! I did how ever buy the pink and brown onsies. The polka dot stuff in the bag is the bedding I found for $20 bucks. It is so cute! I have a soft spot in me for polka dots.



I never thought I wanted a pink bedding set, but the one I found was just was to cute and perfectly priced to pass up. But I am saving pennies to buy this fabric from the warm biscuit. I love it, and want to use it to add a little personal touch to the crib bedding.

9 comments:

  1. Your house is ADORABLE! I love it! Your kitchen decor and the family picture wall are my favorites! You get some awesome deals bargain shopping! I'm not always that lucky. I love looking at other people's houses so thanks for posting these! It was fun to look at :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought your decor was way cute, can't wait to see what you do with a baby girls room... that fabric is so cute! You need to teach me how you guys always find the best deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE seeing where pictures end up! Thanks for the look into your guy's lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! Your home is absolutely adorable. I bet you'll have a blast decorating for your baby girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww Heidi! I LOVE your decor...wanna come to Germany and do mine? hehe. You are so creative! Oh how I wish I could get deals living here! Can't wait to live in the states again! :) How do you find all the good deals!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer stinks...I cant see the pictures. :( Boo Hoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It finally worked...that's Cezanne (alt 2) font & I love the onesies! Oh...and I LOVE the chair, I can't believe you found that a goodwill, whenever I go all the clean things are gone....

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are ever on the east side of Mesa, PLEASE come to our house and help me decorate. I have a bunch of stuff but I get a little lost on what to actually do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails