Friday, September 26, 2008

My other baby...

I really like my dog. He is quite a turd, but I like him anyway. He loves to lay flay on his back. I think this is funny because his ears stick straight up and his jowls flip back. I know that having a pet is a pain but some days I am so grateful for Stat. Now that Jeremiah's work hours are a bit crazy it is nice to have a big dog around. He waits until everyone is home before he goes and lays on his blanket by me bed. He checks every room before he goes to sleep. Especially Bode's room. He has to sniff him and make sure he is asleep before I close the door.
Bode has a playgroup that he goes to every week. Which is great for me but poor Stat gets so lonely when Bode isn't around. I didn't realise they played together so much until Bode left for a few hours. Seriously Stat just wondered the house, and was so happy to see Bode come home.
Stat loves kids. But is scared of older people. When we go on walks he see kids and gets all jumpy and licks them. But with older people he growls and I have to hold him back. Plus the only times he has ferociously growled (other than at the garbage truck) at people is when they are older.

It has been a year since he got hit by a car. Crazy how time goes by so fast. Jer always wonders if he would be smarter if he hadn't got hit by a car. I am sure that the impact knock a few brain cells out of his head, so who knows maybe. All he really has to show for it though is a few scars. Not bad for a puppy to get hit by a big old Ford. I don't think we will test those odds again though.September 2007September 2008 Oh so comfy.


This is my niece Parker taking a nap on the floor. It is funny because when she is awake she is always saying "that dog is following me" "don't let him touch me" But evidently Stat liked her because he chose to take his nap right next to her.
Although I am so a cat person, I like my dog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stat, he reminds me of my late Golden Retriever, Brinkley. They are just gentle giants! Stat has one unique personality. How nice that he protects you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails