Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The best kept secret in Arizona...

is not Alamo Lake. Jeremiah and Nathan have been wanting to check out this lake for quite awhile. It is supposed to be great for fishing, but sadly not catching fish was the least of our problems. Since it only took like "an hour" to get there we thought why not. We headed for Sunday night and 2 1/2 hours later we were there. This could really be a long story so I will just hit the highlights;

It was 107 degrees

We had "yummy" hobo dinners

It was incredibly windy

Then the wind stopped, and the bugs came, by the millions

It was 107 degrees

We tried to sleep in a tent and it was even hotter.

At 3 am it cooled down to 95 degrees.

We didn't catch any fish, but they did taunt us by just all around us.

Being out on the boat was actually really fun. Because there was a breeze.

On the way home we got pulled over by DPS.

It was 107 degrees.

There we some crappy times. But over all we did have a fun time. Every time we go out with Kim and Nate we always have some kind of crazy adventure, but end up laughing so hard we cry.


The water was perfect for the boys to wake board. To bad the water was green. Taking down the tent after a "restful" night of sleep.

Not bad for the third time wake boarding

Here is a nasty face plan for Jeremiah. Do we look amused?

Bode got to spend time at Grandma Rena's and Grandpa Steve's house. I know he always has fun. I was wearing a hat when we picked up Bode. On the car ride home he kept telling he wanted a hat and pointing at the ground. So I gave him the soda box and he wore it as a hat.
Bode loves trains! We finally broke down and bought a set for him. We seriously have never just gone to the store with the intent to buy a toy. He was so happy to pick them out and actually have them in the cart the whole time and not have them mysteriously disappeare before we checked out. He thinks they are so great, but they are very loud. especially on the tile. This morning the radio, dish washer and trains were going and he wanted to play but it was too loud for him. I caught him plugging his ears to play. What a kid. I love him to death.





4 comments:

  1. Makes for good memories. And I just love that picture of me:) Thanks lol. In spite of everything, I did acutally have fun. I think we should plan the next trip though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camping trip made me laugh. :) So did Bode with his ears plugged. Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your little trips with those guys. They really are funny and interesting!! Its nice to take a break from everyday life though. Bode is pretty creative with the soda box hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you write. You seroiusly have a way with words, Heidi. I could read a whole book written by you because I feel like I am actually having a conversation with you. I love the sarcasm. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails