Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a weekend

Camping With the Boys:

With this being the first weekend Jeremiah has had in the last 20 weeks, we decided to pack up the Tahoe and head to Pinetop. Jeremiah has been dieing to go fishing all summer. On top of going fishing he decided to take Bode camping also. I was surprised that he wanted to take Bode, but they ended up having a blast. Bode loves his Grandpa and was so happy to spend the whole weekend with him.
Getting ready to go on Friday afternoon., it was very sunny in Pinetop, and I wish I could say the same for the camp site. I guess it rained on them all night long. Jeremiah's only bummer was that they couldn't have a camp fire because of the rain.
Here is Bode roaming around at Big Lake. It is a bit of a hike to get to the fishing spot, maybe a quarter of a mile. Bode did it all by himself. He carried his chair ( which is actually Kolsen's chair, we need to give it back) and a donut around his finger the whole time.


Please notice the chocolate donut and Pepsi. I guess that this is a balanced breakfast when mom isn't around.
What a trooper. Jeremiah caught 7 fish. He sat about ten feet away from my Dad, who sadly didn't catch one. Every time Jer caught a fish Bode would say, "Nemo!". So I guess all fish are Nemo, even brown trout. Here is his video:



Millions of Peaches, peaches for me:
So I did not go camping or fishing with the boys. I had a nice break away from Bode and spent some time with my Mom. Sprouts was selling peaches for 39 cents a pound. So it was a great opportunity to can and make peach jam.

This is one of the four 25 pound boxes. Do the math, that was 100 pound of peaches!! We didn't get them all done but we did do about 60 pounds of them. That made for one long day of blanching, pealing, cleaning jars, and all the other things that go along with canning things.

Here is part of the finished product. Yummy canned peaches and jam.

And I was so lucky. My friend Taytum and her husband welcomed a new baby boy into the world on Friday. I was hoping that he would come to I could go see him. He was obliging and came a few days before his due date. Taytum was a trooper. Her Brody was 9 pound and 21 inches long! He is beautiful, Congratulations guys!

How much is that doggy in the window?

Here is my other child Stat. Who has many good and bad traits. One of his best traits is traveling. He is so good. We have never had an accident or any problems with him in the car. He spends most of his rides curled up on a seat that is laid down on the back. Or he has his head right here. This is the perfect place for him to put his head I guess. it is the passenger seat, right over my right shoulder. I know he is there when I hear his loud breathing literally in my ear.

His other favorite thing to do is a classic dog move. He loves it when we open the window so he can stick his head out. I think he would do this the whole way if he could.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm just emotional (yes, I am) but when I saw the pictures of the peaches and mom's hands I just couldn't be more thankful for a mom who's hands has taught us so much! :) Good job on the peaches, I do think I probably would have been fishing though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy snot heidi you're a mom. don't get me wrong i knew that already, its just weird to see. you two look like you are really happy, that's so good to see :) big gulps huh . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails