Thursday, July 24, 2008

New news is good news...

So many things have been going on that I have neglected to blog about.
Hooray, we moved in to a bigger house. Don't get me wrong. I actually enjoyed living in the casita. I loved being so close to the Davis's. I was great for Bode to have a little playmate. We were just getting cramped. With a stress out husband, pregnant-grouchy wife, a rambunciouse 2 year old and a full grown boxer, we were all ready to have a bit of space. So 2 weeks ago, I think, we went yard selling to find a bed for Bode and at the same time looked for rentals. I had been searching online for weeks, unsuccessfully finding a place that would suit our needs. We found a few that we called on and met with a very nice couple renting out their house. We were walking around the house chatting a bit and she turns to me and says "Are you LDS?" We said yes. They seemed worried about us having a dog at first but after they found out we are LDS they were like when can you move in. The house is perfect for our needs. Close to friends and family and not to far from where we were before. It is 3 bed 3 bath with a big kitchen, dining room and great room. I have a phobia of plain with walls so I was sold the second I walked in because it has beautiful nutrally painted yellowish-tan walls. We are really enjoying all the room. It is great to close a door and not worry about waking anyone up. The only small down side it that it is all tile. Great for not having to worry about stains, but I can tell it is going to be a pain to keep clean. We definitely need to get a big, big rug for the great room.
Bode it getting way to big. We have been toying with the idea of putting him in a big boy bed for a while, but he is such a, shall we say a wondering spirit, I kept him locked up in a crib. But when I was setting up his crib in the new house I saw the transitional railings and decided what the hay, maybe he can do it. Boy was he ready for a big boy bed! He loves it!! I thought it would be a fight to keep him in there but nope. He takes a nap with no problems, and goes to sleep so easy. The only thing that he does is get up at about 6:00 and wants juice, so he comes in and gets me. Then I tell him to go back to bed until I am up. The second he hears me around 7:00 he yells MOM OUT! He now has a full size twin bed. We got a great deal on a bunk bed. There is no top mattress yet so I haven't had to worry about him wanting up there yet.

As for me I turned 24 on the 17th of July. I don't feel any older. Jeremiah kept asking if I wanted to go out to dinner and all I wanted all day long was mac and cheese with hot dogs in it. I know I am a crazy pregnant lady. So that was my grand birthday dinner. Jeremiah bought me some gorgeous pink roses and I got a new desk. Jeremiah reminds me that I got to move into a house for my birthday too. I am so proud of my new desk. I have always just used whatever to put our computer on, but I knew that when we moved into this house it would be in the living room and I didn't want to have some hideous thing in the corner. So I was looking a new ones and used ones on craigslist, with no luck. So I told Jeremiah I was going to go look at Goodwill. And I found it! It was cosmetically in bad shape, but really sturdy. I had been eyeing one at Wal-Mart for a while, but their furniture isn't built to last so I didn't get it, even though it was exactly what I wanted. Plus it was expensive. So I found this one, sanded it down and put a few coats of black paint on it. It turned out so good! I love it. The picture doesn't show how pretty it is. Plus instead of spending $140 I only spent $45. I love taking old things and giving them new life. I just need to get a little file cabinet and a place to disguise the tower and it will be perfect.

Boy, maybe this little baby I am "incubating" is a girl or a boy. Who knows? All I know it that I am sick and grouchy. Mornings are great. I feel like I get so much stuff done. And then 1:00 hits and I am a slug. ........ with heartburn. Yuck. I didn't get morning sickness with Bode, nor do I have any this time. But I am super gaggy. Any smell can put me into a gross gagging fit. I already feel my body being the host for the little thing growing inside me. I wont have my body back for quite a while. So I better get used to it.


Jeremiah only has 11 days left in the academy. He graduates 08-08-08. Although he is ready to be out of there, I am not, in ways. It has been stressful for us both. But as long as he is in there he is in a safe environment. Every day he gets closer to being on the streets. I am glad that he gets to do something that he really want to do, but couldn't the thing he wanted to do be bunny taming?

10 comments:

  1. Wow...happy birthday heidi. I didnt know it was your birthday. How horrible am I??? :)And I love the desk. You are so good at things like that. We need to come and see the new house. Also please let me know what I can bring 8-8-08:) I cant believe the big day is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house and on your new arrival. How exciting. I have to tell you how nice your desk looks. I also love bringing life to an old piece. Good job. Well catch ya later. Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the extra space! I'm sure its nice to breath a little. I can't believe how fast Jeremiah's acadamey has gone by... looking forward to seeing his graduation. Sounds like Bode is preparing to be the big boy in the house, sleeping in his own bed! Hope your feeling well, I hate those first months but hopefully you are close to the feeling good months (right before the feeling huge months like Jill)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl.. you make me laugh. I definitely sense the hostility in your pregnant voice. ;) Hot dogs and mac n cheez.. what a great birthday dinner! ;) Hope you got to relax and enjoy your new home. It must be pretty nice to stretch out. Can't wait to see pictures of how you decorate.. you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute desk! I love it! I hope the morning sickness gets better. That's just the pits, I couldn't imagine being all sick and gaggy with a 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the new house!

    Way to go on the remodel of the desk...super cute.

    Congrats Jeremiah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! They just aren't the same as we get older huh?

    I wanna see more pictures of your new house!!! Where is it at? We're hoping to move to Gilbert area in the next month or so.

    And ... I HATED heartburn I had it practically the whole 9 months with Kason. It makes you miserable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heidi.I've never met you but .... I know Jeremiah. He was good friend with my mom... and I am friends with Natalie and Jason and Bri and Jess. Anyway... i was reading the Jeremiah only has 11 days left! How fun! my hubby is a policeman and its soo fun! I was way nervous for him to get out too but you slowly get used to it. Hopefully he won't be on nights when he first starts..mine was and still is :( but u get used to it. If you ever have questions about the cop life feel free to write me! Lippsfamily3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the desk! I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're quick on the blog! I had just posted and started reading your blog when I saw the comment you left, and yes, Kaylee looks like Aaron 100%. I think your desk is darling, and I love the "MOM OUT" story! Congrats for finding a good place to rent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails