Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Old news is good news.

So Jer and I were reminiscing last night about our Thatcher days. So since I didn't take any Easter pictures (oops) I figured I'd post some old ones. This is Jeremiah and I outside of our little house. Seriously, we have talked about what a piece this place was be we were not kidding. It was like 500 years old. Infested with bugs and scorpions. There were gaps in the floor, the swamp cooler didn't work and we froze all winter long. We had a little heater that only heated a 3 foot area. So all I could do was bundle up in sweaters and blankets. The heat didn't make it to the kitchen, so I did the dishes with a scarf wrapped around my head.


Here is the front view. The tree to the right fell over one weekend while we were gone. I missed the house by like 5 inches.
This is too funny. The bathroom had two doors. One for the bedroom and the other from the kitchen. If you could call this a door. Why in the heck would someone build a door this small!?!
This is our little kitty Bitner. He was the best little kitty. Jeremiah got him for me before we got married. Like two days after that we lost him, we searched everywhere in the house and around the block, but couldn't find him. We were so sad, like almost to tears. (I say almost but really I was crying) Later we were eating dinner and Jer said a prayer that we would find him and right on queue Bitner popped his head out from underneath the couch. We were so dang happy! I wish we still had him, but we moved into a small apartment and he couldn't handle being in such a small place, (my fault, I kinda made him crazy, but that is another story) and we had to get rid of him. What a sad day.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Jer and I. It reminds me of how buff we were once. Jeremiah was huge and back then I could bench 150 lbs. Not anymore!! Life goes by so fast. I am so glad Jeremiah have had so many wonderful memories together. Makes me grateful for the small steps we have taken together in our first two years of marriage. Anyway have a great week everyone!!


3 comments:

  1. Pictures are freakin' awesome. Love the one with the door leading from the bathroom to the kitchen! CRAZY! Hopefully no one drops a huge stink bomb while you are cooking. :0) I bet you are glad for the place you are in right now... much better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are cute! Funny stories too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, that house was so cute when you decorated it all up. I think that living in a crappy place when you are first married makes for the best memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails