Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peace...

Be near me lord Jesus
 I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever and love me I pray.
 Bless all the dear children
 In Thy tender care
 And take us to Heaven to live with
 Thee there.

My heart hangs heavy in my chest today. Yesterdays events were so senseless and tragic. My thoughts are turned to the parents that lost their children, brothers and sisters who lost a sibling and families who lost loved ones. Children who were eagerly awaiting Christmas, just learning to read, children who's lives were cut too short. There are not words that can be said to repair the damage that has been done. There is only a long road of acceptance, anger, forgiveness and peace.


I am so grateful that I got to kiss this sweet children last night and pull the covers up over their little sleeping bodies. I am grateful that my husband came home from work last night, crawled into bed and gave me a hug. 

I read this article this morning. It is worth a full read...

We must remember to

  1. 1. 
    Search inward;
  2. 2. 
    Reach outward; and
  3. 3. 
    Look heavenward.



2 comments:

  1. We are so blessed. My mom called yesterday to tell me that she was giving me the "go ahead" to do home school. I laughed within myself, but was also touched.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails