Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sheeps crossing...



I love Sheeps Crossing. It is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite places in Arizona. It was one of the places I wanted to visit this weekend. On Sunday afternoon we piled in our cars to fish and play at Sheeps Crossing.  


We didn't actually get to fish. We all hiked along the waters edge looking for a spot to stop and fish. With 10 children and 8 adults I am pretty sure all the fish swam up river.


At one point along our hike on the river bed we had to cross the water. The big kids and adults made it across just fine but the little kids took a little...um...flight across the stream.


After it was clear we wouldn't be fishing we found a quiet bank, took off our shoes, and got in the freezing cold water. I remember playing in Sheeps Crossing when I was little. Like full on head under the water playing in the water. I don't remember the water being so cold. I guess as a kid you don't care. My feet were freezing! The kids would have played all day of we had let them. They loved the water!


We found this little baby horned toad. It was too cute. They named him Toady and made him our camp pet. I guess Piper's little head was the perfect spot to hold Toady?


No pants? No Problem.


Some kids did not like the mud.


Some kids did.


One kid got mud on their buns.


1 comment:

  1. Ooohhhhh! I miss this place with all my heart! So glad you had a fun time and then posted pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails