Wednesday, June 6, 2012

7th times a charm...

A few weeks back my parents ward got split. It was a long time coming. Their ward was big and full of very active families. After the split my mom and I were talking about how sad it is when a ward gets split. You loose friends and don't get to see them every week. Splitting a ward also gives opportunity for people to serve in different capacities than before. People who you wouldn't think of get called to do different things. I think that is one of the great things about the church. There is so much room for growth, opportunities for people to stretch what they think they are capable of and do things they didn't think they could do. Most importantly it lets people serve others.

Fast forward a few weeks and our Willow Canyon Ward got split. I am not sure if I have all this correct but we had the most primary age children, a large group of young men and women and had a very high member activity percentage. It is true, our ward was huge. Sometimes we filled up the whole chapel, gym and even had families out in the foyer because there so many people. So the ward was split and added to another ward. That ward was split and a whole new ward was made.

I guess all the talks with my mom about wards and changes wasn't just to ease her sadness over their split. It was more, unknowingly, prepping me for my new calling. Having new people you wouldn't think of serving in new callings. Because that's me. One of those I wouldn't have thought of serving in a calling I didn't see myself in. Nonetheless, I got called to be the Primary President of the Sun Valley Ward.  

I was a bit in shock, to say the least. I was just hoping to be a Relief Society teacher. But I am excited to do this calling, once all the kinks get figured out. Teachers, Scouts, Activity Days.... so many other things! I have some wonderful women working with me and I am already so grateful for them! I am so thankful that they are eager and willing to do what I need them to do and have great ideas to make things work. I think it will take a few weeks(months, years?) until I feel like I have a handle on things.

Oh, and did I mention that on top of this new calling....we are moving. Yes. 7 years of marriage and this will make 7 moves. I know I said this last time but this should be the last time we move before we finally but a house.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails