Friday, April 27, 2012

The view from here...


Jer and I went to a Suns game this week. Jeremiah loves basketball. I like it. Either way it was fun ditch the kids for an evening and spent time with my favorite person. Although I doubt he will be taking me to many more games. Boys like those things more than girls or maybe just me. We did win chocolate milk though.

In other Jeremiah news, he got PRK. It is a different kind of lasik eye surgery. Jeremiah was legally blind in both eyes. He had to wear glasses or contacts to function. The last year or so Jeremiah has had problems with his eyes. He was wearing contacts for to long and his eye were very irritated. We were going to the doctor all the time to get new drops to fight the dry, red, scratchy eyes. Well I think it was 2 weeks ago that he decided that he was just done. He scheduled a lasik consultation. He did this about a year after we were married too but at the time it was over $5,000 to get his eyes done. Six years later it is now about half the price and we decided it was worth the debt. So this past Friday he got the surgery done on his eyes. He said he wasn't really prepared for the pain. PRK is more invasive than traditional lasik so there are more lasers used, longer healing time and more pain. His eyes were too bad to do regular lasik. But it has been a few days and he can already see major improvement. His vision is as good as it was with his glasses on. It should improve over the next 3 weeks and he should be good to go. As for the pain we are all glad he gets pain medication. He got up to use the restroom the other night and it made him laugh. He could actually see the toilet. Too funny! I am glad he won't have to deal with contacts anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. I had PRK done in 2006 and I still LOVE it. Best decision I ever made. I'm sure he will feel the same way too. I have trouble seeing at night if there are no streets lights but other than that it is so nice to wake up in the middle of the night and be able to see the clock - it was a huge thing for me HAHAHA!!! oh and the pain...not fun at all but worth it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails