Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter...

We started out our Easter activities by attending out city's hunt. It was a zoo! I am so glad my neighbor and her kids came with us as well because I could not have done it myself. There were a ton of people but in the end the kids got to fill their baskets with eggs, play on a bounce house and basically enjoy the day. I am not sure we will do it again though. I don't like waiting in a line that long unless I am at Disneyland. 


This was the 4 year old hunt. We fibbed Laine's age because we didn't want to have to go out there more than we needed to.I told Bode, Conner and Corbin  the secret to getting the most eggs during the hunt was to run as fast as they could to the other side of the field and get those eggs first. I told them to not stop and get the eggs right on front of us. Boy did they ever follow my advice. The announcer said go and they just took off! It paid off though, their baskets were full.


Here we are all fresh and ready to go. We weren't so happy looking towards the end. It was getting hot and we all were getting cranky. I ended up carrying Laine all the way to the car. If you ever want to get a bunch of people smiling, pointing and talking to you, strap a baby with a helmet to your body. Then add a hot 3 year old and you get the sympathy looks to.


Later in the evening the Easter bunny dropped off his magic jelly eggs. The kids planted them and were hopeful that gigantic lollipops would grow in their place.

Those magic jelly eggs worked! There were 3 huge lolly pops outside where the seeds were planted.


The rest of the day looked like this for Bode. He was sick.


That didn't slow us girls down though. We got all dressed and went to church. I made the little dress 3 years ago for Laine. I pulled it out a few weeks ago and remembered I had some of the material left over. I had enough to make Laine a dress to match. 






 “I believe that none of us can conceive the full import of what Christ did for us in Gethsemane, but I am grateful every day of my life for His atoning sacrifice in our behalf.

“At the last moment, He could have turned back. But He did not. He passed beneath all things that He might save all things. In doing so, He gave us life beyond this mortal existence. He reclaimed us from the Fall of Adam.
“To the depths of my very soul, I am grateful to Him. He taught us how to live. He taught us how to die. He secured our salvation.”
-President Thomas S. Monson

3 comments:

  1. Love their dresses and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the updates. The dresses are so cute and you look beautiful. I know you can wonder sometimes if the long lines and the heat and the bawling will mean anything. But memories can't be made any other way. You're a good mom, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that they match, but even more impressed that you got the extra fabric out a week or two ago and just whipped up another dress in that time while you have small children! Maybe my kids just aren't used to it.... (or their mom doesn't quite have the skills and takes 3x as long so all involved get frustrated.) Eventually I will be able to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails