Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wicked fun...

Last year sometime I saw a friend post on facebook the Wicked tickets would be going on sale. If you bought in a large group and really early then they would be nice and cheap. I sent our feelers to all my siblings and parents. Everybody thought it was a great idea and we bought the tickets. So this past Thursday, after many months of waiting, we all got to go see Wicked.


The plan was to drop off the kids (thank you Lisa for watching them, they had so much fun!!) and drive across the valley to meet everyone for dinner at 4:30. Giving us plenty of time to eat, talk and get to Gammage before 7:30. We plans never work out... this is what Jer and I got stuck in. Bumper to bumper traffic ALL the way across the valley. We passed 3 accidents. It was rather frustrating. 


We did finally make it there... only 45 min late. We ate dinner and ordered cheesecake :) If you are following my weight loss progress, don't worry there was no diet wrecking going on. The cheesecake was sugar free and very low carb. I wasn't planning on having it but after that drive, I needed it. 


It was fun to see all my sibling and their other halves. I love all these people. This I think was probably the first time we all got to be together without any of our children. As much as I love my kids and all the cousins, it was fun to go on an adult date.

I especially loved going with this guy. It was the longest time we have spent without our kids in the last 4 months. He pretended to be a little grumpy about going but I know he enjoyed it. We talked about seeing last time and how it compared to this time. I am glad we got to go together.


The food was good, the show was great and the company was awesome!
Thanks family for coming!!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! We babysat for someone so they could go. Maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.Much.Fun. Miss the whole family. The picture of you all was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails