Friday, January 13, 2012

Resolution...


I have horrible posture. It started for me around the 7th grade. I had always been one of the taller people in my class but that year I grew a few inches and became very self-conscious about it. I was always confident and, I guess proud of my height on the court or on the track. But at school I hated it. I was tall with an athletic frame. It seemed like everyone around me was small and dainty. I so was not or will ever be a dainty person. So I started to slouch. My Dad would always tell me to stand up straight or I would be and old lady with a hump on her back. I should have listened. It isn't a big deal to slouch when you are young and have a tight body. Now I am older with a soft body and it is very important to stand up straight. Now I just look frumpy and rounded. So this year I resolve to stand up straight. And you know what... it ain't easy. I have to constantly remind myself or I just naturally slump over.  So if you see me, tell me to stand up straight!

I also, like 90% of the rest of the world, need to loose some weight. Baby weight to be more specific. I gained 70 pounds with Bode, 45 with Laine and 35 with Piper. No matter what the weight gain, I still have to loose 20 pounds. My body would just love to be fat and happy at 175 pounds. For me to be happy with my body I need to be 155 pounds. I know that the HCG diet worked for me. I lost 15 pounds quick. But I really do not want to do it again. So I have set a deadline for myself so loose 20 pounds before I turn back to that diet. By April 21st I will be down to 155 pounds. Piper will be 6 months old and that is plenty of time to get there. I am breastfeeding for as long a s possible so that hinders me a tiny bit. But I have already started doing a modified version of the South Beach Diet. Basically I have cut out sugar and carbs. The SBD doesn't allow fruit, I am letting myself have natural sugars though. I am also letting myself have a carb meal once a week. By that I mean noodles, rice or bread and just a serving.  I started doing this almost 2 weeks ago. The first week I did the diet as close to SBD as I could and I calculated that I wasn't eating enough calories. I really don't want this to effect my milk so that it when I decided to have fruits, one carb meal and have a more calories than they suggest. It has worked! I have lost 6.6 pounds. My goal is to loose .5 to 1 pound a week. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I have also been going to the gym and when I don't get to the gym I work out at home. Pineterst has some awesome at home work outs that really make you sore.

This time around I didn't want to wait and be unhappy with my weight. I want to get it off and not have to worry about it. Be able to go swiming with the kids the summer, wear shorts, and just be comfortable with my body. I can do it. Anybody want to join me?

4 comments:

  1. I'll join in. I have 10 to loose...no sugar usually does the trick. :) April 21st here we come!! {except I get a cheat week when we come for Wicked...}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join you, I just need to pop this baby out first! Good Luck Heidi, I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm game, I'm right there with you, needing to lose 20 lbs of baby weight. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. I need to lose 5 and tone up. Only mine are Dr. Pepper lbs. :) It's settled around my belly and I'm just not the same. Heading to the gym on Monday! (Btw, I'm jealous that you are going to see Wicked. Fabulous show!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails