Monday, January 23, 2012

3 years old...


Laine Jo turned 3 years old last week.
She woke up earlier than normal and crawled into bed with us. We never let our kids sleep in our bed but this morning I made an exception. As we laid there I thought back to the day she was born. I remember it like it was yesterday. Then I thought of the past 3 years. She is such a blessing in my life and I am grateful for her sweet little spirit. 


I had preschool in the morning and Laine had plans for a date with Grandma Rena and Grandpa Steve, so we choose to not open presents until after dinner. I was getting ready, Jer was taking Bode to school and I thought Laine was watching Curious George. I heard a big thud and went down stairs. Laine had got the bathroom stool from the bathroom, put it in front of the entertainment center and had pulled down a few of her presents to open. She had only opened one before I stopped her. I think it held her over all day until she got to open the rest.


She then got pick up by Grandma Rena to go out to lunch, pick out a present and play at the park. She choose to eat chips and salsa and a cheese crisp for lunch. She pick out a wagon that blows bubbles and a little doll to pull in the wagon. I think we have used more then half of the big bottle of bubbles pulling the wagon around. She loves pulling it fast then stopping to pop all the bubbles. 


I picked up Bode after school. He walked though the gates and said, "now the party can begin!!". He was so excited to have Laine open her presents and have cake. Laine wanted her "boys and Keeeya", our neighbors, to come over to celebrate. I accidentally put 4 candles in her cake...



 Make a wish!


They had so much fun jumping with balloons on the trampoline.


Her birthday didn't end that day. She got a zhu-zhu  pet from Grandma Trish and Grandpa Dave. She loves it. The kids put it on the tile and just laugh and laugh at it. She also got some birthday money from Grandpa Alex, Grandpa Dave, Grandma Trish and Great-grandma Joncas. She can't wait to go shopping.


Laine you are such a sweet and stubborn girl. 
You amaze me everyday with the things you say and the things you do. 
We love you little Laine Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails