Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh what do you do in the summertime...

when it hot as heck!?!
seriously had to refrain from using the word I really wanted to in that little phrase. 

Well the valley of the sun is once again reminding us why it is called the valley of the sun. It has been a full week of 100 degree plus weather with no end in sight. It will reach 113* on Monday and round out the week at 114* by Friday. That is our signal to hit the road and head up north to cool down for a bit. But until that blessed day I keep reminding myself why we live here. Great job, friends, city convinces and most importantly September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April and even a bit of May. In the mean time we are just trying to stay busy. 

The only way to play outside is if there is water involved. Our little pool has done the trick for now. 
We played out there all morning doing obstacle courses.



Mid week costume parties are always fun.


Bode has been one lucky kid. His preschool and her kids have been putting one weekly session of day camp. For about 3 hours a day 3 days a week Bode has been going over to her house. He has done 2 session and will do one more this month. I planned on not sending him at all but quickly changed my mind because he was getting so bored! Then I thought we would just do 2 weeks, again, I changed my mind. It is defiantly worth the $25 dollar fee to send him 2 more times in June. He came home after the first session and said he would die if he couldn't go again next week. I agree. we both might end up dead if he didn't have anything to do.

The first week they did "Exciting Eggs-periments". It was all about eggs. Bode's favorite day was the day they dropped eggs from a latter. They built safe boxes for them to be in and then dropped them. Bode says his didn't break. Looks like quite the contraption to me. 

The next week it was Magic Tricks. He came home with some fun new things he learned. He loved making a magic wand. He has been "abberbabbering" things every since.

Next week is Rockets. He is super excited to go!

They are doing one more June session and July Sessions if anyone is interested.

It really doesn't take to much to entertain Laine. For the most part she has been following Bode around, working on potty training, learning to love the Disney princesses (especially "indoelloa" aka Cinderella") and boycotting naps. I guess she figures since she is a big girl doing her business on the potty, she no longer needs to take naps. She has figured out that this whole potty thing is a good excuse to check out every potty in the world. On Tuesday's we go to the movies. Laine had to go potty. That must have been fun because we ended up going 5 times. I am just glad there were no accidents. 

She has defiantly got #1 one down for the moment. #2 is hit and miss. I bought her some princess pull-ups this week when we ran out of diapers (yay!) and now all she wants is to wear those dang princess pull-ups. It is a bit of a fight to get her to wear the other undies I bought her. I think I may need to go buy some princess underwear for my princess. She used to diaper her dolls up in her diapers. She knows where they are under the sink. She asked me yesterday where her diapers are. I told her they are all gone, you wear big girl underwear now. She looked at me and said, "no mom I poop in my diapers." Hmmmmm. I think the whole #2 thing is going to take a bit more time because no Laine, we do not poop in our diapers, we go on the potty. I hope she doesn't get all back up and sick because she won't go unless it is nap time and she has a pull-up on. Or I guess I should be happy that the #2 is in the pull-up and not her undies.

ps: You know you are in the full on parenting portion of your life when 3 out of your last 5 posts are about potty training :)


Although she is boycotting afternoon naps, once she is strapped down for any small amount of time she passes out. Sweet girl.

Jeremiah has been working very hard the last month or so. He has been doing his regular shift and then working an extra 1-2 days a week doing off duty jobs. We did this last winter and although the extra income is great it makes for some long weeks. It makes you really enjoy the time you do get to spend together. It is so very hot outside I worry about him and call or text him to drink water. I am grateful that I married someone who is so willing to work hard for his family.

As for me I can still see my toes, but I don't think that will last long. My belly has really popped out. It always takes me until about 20 weeks to get out of the awkward "is she fat or pregnant" phase. Once that 20 weeks hits, there is no holding it back! Other than my back/hip giving me some pain every so often I feel really good. I am working hard to watch what I eat and not be a whale come October, a baby whale maybe, but not a full on beached whale. 22 weeks 5 days down.... 121 days to go.



Somehow we all managed to catch a pretty nasty cold the last few weeks. It got passed through all of us and now it is gone. I think there needs to be a rule that moms, especially pregnant mom's, can't get sick. We made the best of a cruddy situation though. By about 5:30-6:00 I was beat and ready to go to bed about 3 days last week. I would give the kids a bath and then we all hopped on my bed to snuggle up, find something on netflix and wait for bed time. They were both good sports and let me get some extra rest. Now they think watching a movie on my bed is awesome and want to do it everyday. It was a fun treat. Maybe a new Friday night tradition. 

1 comment:

  1. Yea! New post!. You have fun children, Heidi. Thanks for the update. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails