Sunday, June 5, 2011

Escape...

This last week we packed up the car and headed up to Pinetop. We got up there Monday afternoon and got to see my brother's family before they headed home. Love these kids. They have such a blast when they play together, even if it is just for an afternoon, they have fun.



We spent the week having fun, making messes, and most importantly playing outside.



Growing up I spent my summers outside. We had such a fun neighborhood and all us kids would play from sun up to sun down. We have made good friends down in the valley and have plenty of friends to play with. But I always feel like my kids are getting a little jipped in their summer experiences. Summers are for climbing trees, making forts and riding bikes. Not in the good old valley of the sun. Summers for for 100*+ weather, being couped up in the AC and short sweaty outside excursions.  I am so grateful we are able to escape the heat and drive up to my parents house so the kids can play. And play they did! They jumped on the trampoline, rode bikes, helping in the garden and ate outside. It was wonderful. Bode didn't want to come home.



 But all good things come to an end and we were missing our dad. So we packed up and headed out on Friday morning. The kids were exhausted from all the playing. Please notice Bode's dirty feet from all the outside playing. Bode even slept in the car for a bit, something he never does. Now back the heat. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us come up and play! p.s. I am really starting to look like my Dad.

2 comments:

  1. You guys sounded like you were having fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I wish we had somewhere we could escape to. I totally agree... summers are for outside fun and we are totally gipped (sp?) here in the Valley. YUCK! If I had a spot like your parents, I'd pack the kids up every 2-3 weeks all summer long.. FOR REAL! Soak it up!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails