Sunday, March 27, 2011

I have not felt like blogging lately....

 I haven't felt like doing much lately. Because I've got to tell you, most of you multiple pregnancy mom's already know this, the third pregnancy is not so easy.


  • I don't get horrible morning sickness. I got really sick really fast with this one. Lots of puking, nausea, headaches, and sleeping. Lucky for me my mom took a few days out of her busy schedule and came to rescue me. Between her and Lee, my laundry got done, house clean and kids taken care of.  I got zofran and that helped. I weaned myself off of that because is has some adverse effects, namely.... constipation. I was really sick for about 2 weeks then I started feeling a ton better. I am still a sicky but no throwing up and I feel the worst at night. Luckily by the time I am getting sick the kids are in bed and I can just be sick. 
  • zzzzzzzz..... Yes, I am oh so sleepy. I used to lay down during nap time/quiet time for Bode and Laine. Now I have to lay down during that time. If I don't I feel useless the rest of the day. I am very grateful Laine still takes a nap and that Bode is so good to just play upstairs, watch a movie or play a computer game. I have also found myself heading upstairs to go to bed earlier and earlier. One night this week I was in bed at 8:15.
  • Eating is a chore these days. Nothing sounds good until all the sudden I have to eat whatever it is I just thought of. For example a fresh fruit smoothie, Arby's curly fries, any type of mexican food smothered in cheese. I don't want these things all the time. Just once, then it is over. Right now the thought of curly fries sounds awful. But while I am eating it is so good, then 20 minutes later back to not wanting to eat anything. Even though I want to eat, all food makes me feel yucky later. Oh well. Just one of the many joys right?
  • Bode is still so excited. He is always asking me questions about the baby in my belly. I don't think Laine will show any interest until there is an actually baby for her to see.
  • I have gotten "thicker" much faster this time around. Jeremiah took a quick notice of this. I am sure I will be busting our the maternity clothes much faster than in the past. Only one problem there. I have only been most pregnant during the winter months so all of my clothes are for that season. Looks like I'll have a bit of shopping to do. Good thing my little sister was pregnant all summer last year and has some good things to pass. Thanks Lee :)
  • I already feel like things are going by pretty fast. I am working on 12 weeks. Didn't we just find out yesterday? 
Laine has found her "sweet button" and finally turned it on. She has been really building her vocabulary and can communicate with me so much better. I think this has really eased her a lot of her frustrations. She has thrown less tantrums and has such a happier attitude because she can just tell me she wanted a orange not an apple. My favorite word she says right now isn't big or grand, in fact she has been saying it forever, but is it hello. She says "O-low". It cracks me up. She will say it to anyone that catches her eye. She copies everything Bode says. Last night we were with family and met up at a house. Bode ran in saying "Hello everybody!!! Hello!" she ran in on his tail screaming "O-low eberbodee!! O-Low!"  She and Bode have played to much better because then can talk as well. Today on the way to church Bode drilled Laine on her words. He would say one and then Laine would repeat it. She can say a lot more than I thought she could. Bode was so proud of her! What a good big brother. 

Speaking of the duder. Other than being so excited about the baby, he enjoys going to school, playing with friends, making large messes, and telling jokes. 

He has really done well the last few months at preschool. I can see his little mind just soaking up everything. We have had the hardest time with counting. He could not even get to 5 as of last January. But we are now proud to say he can count to10 and we are working on the teens. Between preschool, the leapster explorer, computer games and us counting everything possible, he finally got it! He is always asking me how to write words. He knows is letters very well and enjoys putting them together to make new words. He will find papers with words on them and copy them.
He also is quite a good little artist.  I need to scan in some of his recent works. They are really good. I don't have to pretend to see what he drew or squint to see the picture it is right there plain as day. My favorite to date is a zebra he brought home from school. 
He loves playing with his friends. He has a good little group of boys to play with and they all have fun when they are together. 
Bode loves telling jokes. None of them really make any sense and they all involve a chicken. Just ask. It will be a variation of a knock knock joke and a why did the chicken cross the road joke. He laughs every time like it was the funniest thing ever.



5 comments:

  1. Hey Lady! Youwon Yogi Bear DVD, please email me your mailing address ourcrazylittlelife@yahoo.com

    Thanks & Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe at 12 weeks you will be over the crumminess. Hope so.
    I am glad Laine is having a better time because she can talk. Makes sense. And I am glad Bode is learning numbers, etc. Thanks for the good update post. I love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. That brought back loads of hideous memories! I feel your pain (and I swear it brought back a bit of sympathy nausea for a bit). And nothing makes it better but time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were with babe. Congrats! I got the yuckies too, sorry they are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as I read this blog, I kept nodding and saying "YES!" out loud to each point. ha! We are so close on due dates that we are one in the same right now. I am constantly exhausted... so I'm SO grateful Brad is home with us right now. A blessing in disguise!

    I'm 15 weeks and still exhausted and feel nauseated after I eat something that I had to have a few minutes earlier. I also feel like I'm gonna pass out whenever I stand too long.

    Girl, vent to me anytime.

    I also was pregnant in winter months... I'm planning on wearing LOTS of dresses... and sweating it out. YUCK.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails