Thursday, January 6, 2011

The end of the party...

I feel like our life has been stuck on fast forward mode for the whole month of December and the end of November. I feel like I haven't slept since Thanksgiving! Between having Thanksgiving at my house, preschool, Christmas parties, New Years, family and a baby blessing I am exhausted.  I really loved every thing we have done the last few months. But it is kind of like Christmas decorations and Christmas music. I can't wait to get it all out and fill the house with holiday sounds, but come January 1st, get it all out of here! The last we has been especially busy. Here is what we have been up to...

My sister Jill and her kids came in the last week of December. They moved out of state a few months ago and it was so fun to have them here. The kids played and played and played!! Here they are "water skiing" along with the Wii. 


Saturday morning my mom, Jill and I went to Goodwill. Got to love a trip to Goodwill on 50% off Saturday. 


Saturday afternoon the rest of my family showed up to have the annual Merrill family White Elephant Party.
Before the actual eating and present exchanger the 2 brave men took all the kids to the park. Only one casualty  though, my little nephew Jett, who is Laine's age, decided to swim in a huge puddle.


In the evening we did a cousin gift exchange and the White Elephant exchange.


The only cousin too young to play was little Daisy.
We were trying to put a tiny clip in all that hair.



All the sisters and sister in laws.
Brittany, Me, Lee, Jill, Connie.


Everyone stayed at my house that night because the next morning Aaron and Lee blessed their sweet little Daisy at church. Arron did a great job or at least I think he did... Laine was getting madder and madder that her dad was in the blessing circle and not holding her.  

After the blessing and lunch Tim and Connie came back to my house along with Jill and all the kids. The competitive ones play Settlers. Tim won for the official record :)

The last family to leave on this past Wednesday morning was Jill and her kids. They we making their way around Arizona to visit the rest of their family. I loved everyone being here. Bode had so much fun playing and staying up late. But all thing come to an end. Preschool started up again, Christmas decorations are down and we are getting back on our routine.

Here is a shot of my whole family,
minus John, who didn't get to come back to AZ with the rest of his family.
Missed you John. If you look closely behind Parker (white sweater, purple dress) you can see Boo. I guess she wanted to be in the Merrill Family picture too.

1 comment:

  1. All the fun has to come to an end sometime. And boy do we wait for the sometime. Love your photographer. Who is she?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails