Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Around the house...

Bode has decided that saying Laine is to long. He has shortened her name to make calling, yelling and bossing  her around easier. He now calls her "Lane". He calls "Lane, come down the stairs". I know this isn't funny but you have to hear it. It sounds more like "Tina, come get your food" from Napoleon Dynamite. It sure adds a little comic relief for me throughout the day.

Laine and Bode both got Pillow Pets for Christmas. Why the heck didn't I think of Pillow pets? We would be millionaires by now. Anyway... they love them. Bode begged for one forever! We didn't actually get them for them though. Bode was disappointed that after all the presents were open there was no pillow pet under the tree.  Luckily these 2 kids are throughly spoiled by all of their many grandparents because sitting under the tree at Grandma Rena and Steve's house there were 2 pillow pets. Bode was SO excited to open it up. I thought he would be the one that couldn't live with out the pillow pet everyday. Bode loves little stuffed animals. I was wrong though. Laine is the one that has latched on to her Lady Bug pillow pet. She calls is her "Pooo-Pa" and has to sleep with it every night. She loves that "Pooo-Pa".

While my mom was here during Thanksgiving and after Lee had her baby, we happened to go to Hobby Lobby. At the front of the store by the check out counters they have all the little displays that they put there to annoy mommies with rowdy kids. You know little knick knacks, candy, cute pencils, candy, stuffed animals and anything else that little hands, not so patently waiting like to grab. Well every time we go to Hobby Lobby Bode wants one of these little stuffed dogs. I always say no. What a mean mommy I am. This time Bode was walking around with Grandma Trish. If it weren't for Grandparents my kids would have no toys :) Bode got to pick out one of the little stuffed dogs. He pick out a "foxer" aka a little boxer. He calls it "Little Stat". It breaks my heart! He misses our our dog Stat. I asked him why he named him Little Stat and he said because he wants "his Stat to be with him all the time". And let me tell you that Little Stat is with him constantly. 

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails