Thursday, December 16, 2010

Spreading Christmas Cheer....

one piece of gum at a time.

Last week we decorated a gingerbread house.
We saw the little kit at Safeway a few days before and every day after that 
Bode bugged me to get one.
So since there was no way I was going to actually make the gingerbread,
and make the actual thing, the kit was perfect.
I decided to let go and let them basically do whatever they wanted to.
I just put down frosting and they went to town.
The kit came with little gum balls.
Of course part of the fun of decorating a gingerbread house is sampling the candy.
So the kids were just eating and decorating away.
Then Laine got really exited and pointed at her side.
This is what I found...

 A piece of ABC gum.
Yes, "already been chewed" gum is proudly displayed on our gingerbread house.

 The finished product.
 Bode's side. He did such a good job.
Laine's side. Gum and all.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! One of these years I'll cave and buy a kit, because like you, there's no way I'm making everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails