Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bloggers block...

I have sure lacked in the blogging department these days. I am going though some writer's block or more accurately called Bloggers Block. I haven't taken any picture lately, no funny stories, just life. So here you all go. A whole post about life.

Unpacking has been going s-l-o-w. I have the house fully functional and decorated. I love it. But the garage, closets and cupboards are another story. They are a MESS. I have no idea where to put a ton of stuff. Books, old papers, lots of craft supplies and holiday decorations to name a few things. We are going to have to build some shelves to make things more functional around here. The kids love their rooms. They love the loft area. I love it too. It can be a total mess up there and the whole bottom floor in clean. So nice to not be stepping over toys all day!

Jer's new work days are great. I love having him home on the weekends. Have I said that before, yes. Will I say it again, yes.

I wasn't going to blog about this but since it is all my poor brain can think about I guess I will. I have been doing the HCG diet. I have heard only good things about it so last July I bought a bottle. We moved in August and I decided it wasn't a good idea to start a strict diet right in the middle of moving. Boy, I am glad I didn't make that mistake, because seriously, this is one strict diet. It is 21 days of HCG drops along with a very low, I am talking 500 calorie, low diet. And can I just say that is works! I started 10 days ago and have lost 9.6 pounds since then. Putting me at 156.4 pounds. It feels great to feel good in my clothes and dare I say that my jeans are too big for me right now. I hope to loose another 6 pounds. *fingers crossed* All that good stuff out of they way, here comes the cruddy part...

I HATE the diet part. I know that no diet it easy, but this one is especially tough. There are very few food choices. The HCG makes me not hungry, but that hasn't taken away from the want of food. I cannot stand the thought of eating another piece of chicken. gag. Cooking for my family has been the pits. Everything smells so good and looks even better. I also feel very moody. Sorry husband. I nearly went into a crying fit because I wanted to eat a sandwich so bad. (ridiculous, I know) I have 11 more days of HCG drops, then 3 days of a continued 500 cal diet. Then is it on to 3 week of no sugar or starches. So basically the 1 phase of South Beach. Then after the 3 weeks I can start adding in regular foods.  

I am really quite proud of myself. I have not cheated once. I know this is a drastic diet. But after months of going to the gym and trying to reduce my calories and not loosing a pound. I needed to do something drastic. I am very excited for the HCG part to be over so that I can go back to the gym. It is a nice release to go run and lift weights.

I started preschool this morning. I really enjoyed doing it. I have 4 kids and I think it will all work out great. I have too many fun things planned for this year.

I am getting back in to my crafty mood. It is just too hot to be a crafty and cozy in the summer. Not that it is any cooler right now, but I can feel the shift of the weather and now we are going to start cooling down. I have been craft blog hopping and have made an ever growing list of fun fall crafts to make. I think I am even going to have a Fall Swap party at my house this year for a bunch of ladies I know. It is going to be a fun fall season :)

7 comments:

  1. Thats awesome about the diet, you have some serious self control and it sounds like its paying off!! And what a fun idea of a craft swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post some new pics of your place!! :) Congrats on your diet!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, I wanna do a fall swap! I have been looking for a cheap fall craft for my friend and I to make during one of our play dates. Any great finds that are cheap and only take 1 hr?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the diet! I tried it & felled miserably. It made me WAY too moody & hungry.

    You go girl! Right on!

    Happy to read your new post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hate dieting...it is so hard! You are doing awesome though!!
    I would love to hear more about your swap!! I love crafty things, but don't get too much of them down here in AZ. Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really look great, I know how hard it is!!! And I know what you mean about being able to exercise again, that was such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the diet! I did HCG last year and lost 30lbs in 30 days! It was tough but worth it. Didn't gain any back until I got preggers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails