Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dirt...

The main reason for our trip to Pinetop was to go camping. Jer said that Disneyland was my vacation and camping was his. I may not choose camping as my first vacation choice but I do really love to go. It just takes so much work to get there. We were going to sleep on the first night and Jer asked me if I wanted to go home tomorrow (he was just teasing me) I said heck no! It took all day setting up, you have to to for at least 2 nights to make it all worth it. We were up camping from Tuesday-Friday morning. I think I really could have stayed longer... if I could have taken a shower :)


The kids took full advantage of roaming free.

We went on many quad rides. Every time someone started up a quad all the kids would come running. Bode got good enough to steer and push the gas while he and Jer went on rides.
Paisley and Laine were having a rough go at their little cousin relationship. They are in the "mine" phase of life. Everything was a fight that resulted in tears, until the trailer. They played and played on the trailer and there was never a fight. I guess they decided to be friends :)Oh how I love the White Mountains of Arizona!
It was fun to spend so much time with my sister before she moved. She will be missed!
Camping isn't the same as when I was little. I remember just playing in the dirt all day and never having a care. Now that I have the kids it is a bit stressful. Trying to keep them semi clean, cooking, cleaning all the stuff that goes along with camping isn't the same when you are the one in charge. This trip was nice and relaxing though. Bode and Laine slept great and played hard. They got super dirty and I decided not to care. That made things much more fun. But by the 4 day I think we were all very ready to take a bath.
Here are my parents. They are the ones who had the great idea to go camping. We went camping all the time growing up. The first time I went I was about 2 weeks old... crazy. I am glad they would go though. It is a fun thing to do, especially as families. Here they are with all the grand-kids that came.


Laine loved the quads. At one point I took her off to give other kids a ride and she screamed and cried running after me. She loved them so much she took a nap on one ride.

Jeremiah made a little fort for the cousins to play in. It was a hit.

Laine Jo will color on anything she can reach. That included a log.
  

After the men were done fishing they had some left over worms. The worms quickly became pets for the little kids. I over hear Abbey telling Bode they needed to name all their worm babies. 

Dirt. Need I say more?

This is Boo. She is my Mom and Dad's dog. She is a labradoodle, a mix between a lab and a poodle. I think I really should just call he my mom's dog because she loves her. Anytime my mom goes anywhere Boo just sits and waits for her. If my mom was in the trailer, there was Boo waiting at the door. She is such a good dog except she gets a wild hair and just takes off running. My brother brought his dogs too. They have Molly and Oscar. Oscar is a little Yorkie but at heart he is a cow dog. Where we were camping there were a ton of cattle. The cows feed on the land and then get rounded up in the fall. We happened to camp right in their area. There were cows constantly walking really close to our camp. But they never got to close because Oscar the cow dog herded them away.

 

We had fun! Can't wait to do it all again next year.

2 comments:

  1. I am still thinking about things from our camp out. Your pictures are great. Wish we were still there....I mean I wish it was last week and we were there. It would definately be dragging things out if we hadn't come home yet. There might be fights breaking out....like girls camp. Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the pioneers ever stay clean?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails