Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt...

This year we {me, Bode and Laine, dad had to work} traveled up to Pinetop to celebrate Easter with my parents. We have not been up there since December. Bode was SO excited to go see Grandma Trish and Grandpa Dave. Laine on the other hand did not like the car and cried almost the whole way, it is nearly a 4 hour drive.

The city has their annual Easter Egg Hunt at the park. I can remember going to these almost every year growing up. I always wanted to find the "golden egg" and get a prize. Never did. My mom doesn't remember going to 1 hunt at the park. I wonder what she did while all of us were at the park?

On the way over Bode was dragging his feet behind me walking with my mom. I had to keep telling him to hurry up to keep up with us. Once we started seeing people his excitement must have boiled over. He just started running. We hadn't even made it across the road into the park.

This year there were SO many people. They were parked clear down my parents street, down Woodland Road and just all over. Bode was a bit nervous at first. I had to convince him that this was going to be fun.




He got brave and worked his way up to the front of the line.

There were so many eggs scattered all over the park. Once the whistle blew the kids went running. Bode just took off. Good thing he did too. It was about a 30 second hunt. All the eggs were gone so fast.

Bode and his loot. Eggs full of toys and candy.

5 comments:

  1. I was putting your baskets together or something very motherly like that or.....I was doing what ever I wanted while the house was empty. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally remember going to those hunts - good memories! oh I miss Woodland lane...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! What a great thing to experience with your children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best Easter Egg Hunt anywhere! Glad you took your kids up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails