Friday, January 1, 2010

These made me think...

Reflection Questions for 2009


1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Single best thing- really just one. I think it would have to be the birth of our second child. Laine has brought so much happiness this year.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
I am not sure if this fits correctly, but a challenge for me was learning patients. In so many aspects of my life.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Being able to spend so much time with family. We all love such busy lives so it is always wonderful to be able to spend time together.


4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
The mess with our house in Lakeside. It was supposed to go so smooth. But it now has changed so many things for us.

5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
stable-fun-new

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 ( This one I didn't like so I asked Bode about his year)
FUN!!-Birthday-Preschool

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009
Laine-Good job-Bode

8. What were the best books you read this year?
Hunger Game, Catching Fire, Confessions of a Shopaholic Series

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My family.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
This is hard to explain so I will try-My personal change this year has been trying to figure out and accept who I have changed into. I am no longer a volleyball playing, athletic free for all person. I am a mother, wife and homemaker. Duh, I keep telling myself, you have been this for awhile. But I really feel this way with two kids. So lets put it this way, this year I looking to have a more personal change in a positive light. Meaning I will not just be wife, mother, homemaker, I will remember who Heidi it too.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I think I am leaning to be more loving... key word learning.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Spiritual growth is hard to pinpoint, but I have really gained a testimony of the basics this past year. Doing the small things like reading scripture, saying prayers and attending Church meeting really mean a lot and keep life going in the right direction.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

(crickets chirping....) Wish I had something great here like I did a triathlon or ran in a marathon but no. But no. I started off the year having a baby and finished the year struggling with body image issues. This year I hope to "shrink" physically, so check in with me later. But on a more positive note I did play volleyball 8 weeks after having Laine and surprised myself with not looking like a complete fool.


14. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
I love to make my home warm, comfortable and inviting. So my managing come out in decorating. I always have fun doing that.

15. What was your most challenging area of home management?
LAUNDRY. Always laundry. I have a serious hate relationship with laundry.

16. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Worrying about things. Like weight, what people think of me, how clean my house is etc...
17. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Time spent with family.

18. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
To be content with what I have. I get caught up in wanting more and more. But I have so much to be thankful for. I learned that to be happy I must be happy with what I have and not look to others and things for happiness.

19. A phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.

“Security for our families comes from learning self-control, avoiding the excesses of this world, and being temperate in all things.”
Kent D. Watson

3 comments:

  1. Good post! This really made me think. It might be useful to me in my goal setting for 2010. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. I need to work on improving myself in a lot of the same areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this ... i think i might steal it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails