Monday, December 28, 2009

There is always something...

Once the holidays are over and all my Christmas decorations are down I always get the bug to do a little decorating and rearranging. Not that I am getting any of these things...ok maybe one or two of these things when I save my pennies up... here are a few items calling my name.


I think I will attempt, with the help of my sister's vinyl machine, to make this one.
Then these...
they look so aged and weathered. I am loving them.

These hooks are beautiful. They would be perfect for my entryway.
Dang Pottery Barn.
You have such fun stuff and there is no way I will ever pay that much money for your stuff.

I am thinking red curtains will add a bit of drama to my living room.
I love red.

These pillows will soon be plopped upon my couches.
I have had them before. The exact same ones.
I bought them nearly 5 years ago, and love them. Every stripe and flower.
But they didn't last. Not because I didn't want them to though.
Stat, our old boxer (excuse me while I wipe a tear) loved them.
Also he loved to chew on the corners of them.
Bode loved to lay on them and watch movies.
He also love to color, wipe boogers and basically destroy them.
I did all I could to save them.
I washed them, re stuffed them and finally had to cut them down to try to make them last a little longer. Right now they or what is left of them are in Laine's closet.
I just love the fabric pattern and couldn't throw them away.
I am SO happy to have found them again. And at Kmart of all places.
Oh well, they will be on my couch...soon.
And no I don't think they look to old lady for me.

And then there is this. I love it the most, maybe not as much as finding the pillows though.
Again, dang Pottery Barn. I like you just not your prices.
I am so digging the eclectic look of this quilt.
I would look wonderful on my bed.
Too bad that just to buy the quilt and 2 shames is would be over $250 bucks.
I will just have to keep my eye out for it on Ebay.
I love to decorate. Find old things and make them new. Painting rooms, furniture and cabinets. Makes me wish we weren't renting. With the huge horrible mess that has gone on the past 2 years with our Lakeside house it is going to be many years before we are able to get ourselves into a position to buy a house of our own again. I would love to paint the cabinets in this house to make them not look so generic. Then it would be fun to paint the kids' rooms. Oh well. Someday I will get a house that I get to paint and add my own flavor to. Until then I will keep on doing what I'm doing.

4 comments:

  1. I remember those pillows....that's too bad. I browsed Pottery Barn's site for about an hour last night...I found the time. I also played with that font you sent me. I think we can do it. Come over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you new ideas! I love hooks too!! I saw a great hook/shelf at Ross I'm kicking myself now for not getting!! Have fun I get that same itch too, to redecorate, move and change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a doll house to decorate. It was fun and took my mind off of my own house.
    I love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails